New S.O. service

Anyone else hear anything about this ? We are being told a new S.O. sevice for express is coming..resi service will be expanded to 8pm rather than 3pm. This will cause many fulltimers to go to a mid day shift ??????

fedupped

yep, guaranteed..all resi sos now 6-8 pm. All full timers mandatory 3 hour break. Also will be issuing shields to protect from ensuing "sky is falling".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How about a new SOL service?

But then again that's been around for quite a long time.

I always thought Ground had SOL all locked-up, but we are there. How about another new one, called WDFC ( for We Don't Effing Care)? The package gets there when we feel like delivering it.

mcutrono

No...it will basically allow most rts to straightline their p2 and get off the road earlier. This will reduce onroad hours and allow DRA to work. Just fedex's was to screw the backbone of their company even more...no more breaking rt

newgirl

No...it will basically allow most rts to straightline their p2 and get off the road earlier. This will reduce onroad hours and allow DRA to work. Just fedex's was to screw the backbone of their company even more...no more breaking rt

But I straightline anyway, how is this different? I only break if something has happened that put me behind (traffic, early close pickup, etc) DRA doesn't recognize other cycles besides p1 so it was already mixing p2 and so--

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on how this is going to affect FT drivers. If there are going to be dramatic changes then they need to rebid all of the routes in the stations.

vantexan

But I straightline anyway, how is this different? I only break if something has happened that put me behind (traffic, early close pickup, etc) DRA doesn't recognize other cycles besides p1 so it was already mixing p2 and so--

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on how this is going to affect FT drivers. If there are going to be dramatic changes then they need to rebid all of the routes in the stations.

The only way it looks to be different is if you aren't allowed to deliver them before a certain time. Maybe this is a refinement of the new evening appointment service. If a customer wants it delivered later in the day they pick this new service and pay more for the privilege. Sort of a reverse friend.O..

newgirl

As a refinement, do you mean the later commit is to have us out there later so we can take the late appointment deliveries out and be productive with them?

We should just go back to the old way p1,p2,pickups, go home.

vantexan

As a refinement, do you mean the later commit is to have us out there later so we can take the late appointment deliveries out and be productive with them?

We should just go back to the old way p1,p2,pickups, go home.

I agree with you, but they do seem to be heading towards a mostly part-time workforce. Most likely there will be part-timers dedicated to later SO's in the same way there are for FO's.