New Services

The Mayor

Today, a couple of our managers (at Express) let the cat out of the bag and told us of a new service that is supposed to be starting up this spring. It is a 2 day product, but with a P-1 commitment time (10:30 am). Is it me or is this just effing stupid? I mean, how are we supposed to count this? As a P-1 stop or a P-2 stop? Talk about confusing customers.

We were informed that this is probably going to be used by larger 2 day shipppers like Amazon or even deferring freight from Verizon....O.k. boys and girls....here we go. Another thing, anybody hear when the same day for on call pickups is supposed to be starting at ground? Just a couple of questions here...... :dissapointed:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Today, a couple of our managers (at Express) let the cat out of the bag and told us of a new service that is supposed to be starting up this spring. It is a 2 day product, but with a P-1 commitment time (10:30 am). Is it me or is this just effing stupid? I mean, how are we supposed to count this? As a P-1 stop or a P-2 stop? Talk about confusing customers.

We were informed that this is probably going to be used by larger 2 day shipppers like Amazon or even deferring freight from Verizon....O.k. boys and girls....here we go. Another thing, anybody hear when the same day for on call pickups is supposed to be starting at ground? Just a couple of questions here...... :dissapointed:

FedEx 2000 mentioned this a few months ago and called it "Project Condor". I fully agree that it will confuse customers and couriers. Another bright idea from the Memphoids.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
It is amazing to me that FedEx does nothing but replicate what UPS does. For a company that loathes us so much they sure love imitating us. Yes we have now had this service option for a wile and you see one maybe once a week.

At a pickup you treat as a regular package but for delivery you treat as a Next Day Air.

FedExer267

Thats because FedEx wants to be UPS however they will never get the loyalty of their employees/ Contractors/ employees of contractors til we all start getting treated better. Until then they will have to rely on service and I know on the Ground side we dont do any special favors because we dont get compensated to do so.

FedExer267

Another thing, anybody hear when the same day for on call pickups is supposed to be starting at ground? Just a couple of questions here...... :dissapointed:[/QUOTE]

I know they started getting scanners ready, half the building has their stops downloaded in their scanners. This isnt working to well people are suppose to have 90 stops but they have 115 because everything is not getting scanned. Once they are done with getting this system working through the building the same day pickup is suppose to start.

The Mayor

It is amazing to me that FedEx does nothing but replicate what UPS does. For a company that loathes us so much they sure love imitating us. Yes we have now had this service option for a wile and you see one maybe once a week.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....and in Fred's case....no imagination or lack of ideas then goes to being a copy cat.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I can see it now...."What we need is a new service called "RFN", or 'Right friend^&()$G Now'. How it will work is, it will be a 2 day FO package that will only be available with an 0700 commit to businesses that don't open or accept shipments until 0830! This is genius. When the new RFN drivers can't deliver it, we will write them up, then have them pass this package on to the FO driver. When, not IF, but when, the FO driver fails, we will fire them and replace them with out of work homeless people and have them attempt to deliver it by 1630 if they can sober up long enough to figure out where to take them." "Fred, this is genius, we will actually beat UPS and the evil Teamsters to market with this one!! MMUUUAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" "Next on the agenda, what else can we make the suckers live without?"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I can see it now...."What we need is a new service called "RFN", or 'Right friend^&()$G Now'. How it will work is, it will be a 2 day FO package that will only be available with an 0700 commit to businesses that don't open or accept shipments until 0830! This is genius. When the new RFN drivers can't deliver it, we will write them up, then have them pass this package on to the FO driver. When, not IF, but when, the FO driver fails, we will fire them and replace them with out of work homeless people and have them attempt to deliver it by 1630 if they can sober up long enough to figure out where to take them." "Fred, this is genius, we will actually beat UPS and the evil Teamsters to market with this one!! MMUUUAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" "Next on the agenda, what else can we make the suckers live without?"

LOL!!! How about When It Effing Gets There or WIEGT? or the "reality" service, which would be you get it "When I friendeel Like It, or WIFLI? You can rush into the business that has the gorgeous receptionist with the big boobs, thrust your PowerPad at her, and breathlessly declare that "I have an urgent WIFLI for you". That's when she slaps you and you get fired.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Man..we better be careful, you know as well as I do that corporate has spies on here! I'm waiting on virtual delivery too. Internet based deliveries that runs a nice cheap, Chinese copy of Windows, called "Openings to Outside that are NOT doors". This will freeze everytime you have a stop and only work on Tuesdays in Smarch.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....and in Fred's case....no imagination or lack of ideas then goes to being a copy cat.

Here's the biggest irony of all. Fred copies the basic structure of UPS, replicates every one of their services, then claims that FedEx is inherently "different" so he can enjoy the protection of the RLA Express Carrier clause. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

LTFedExer

At a pickup you treat as a regular package but for delivery you treat as a Next Day Air.

Here's the biggest irony of all. Fred copies the basic structure of UPS, replicates every one of their services, then claims that FedEx is inherently "different" so he can enjoy the protection of the RLA Express Carrier clause. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.
And UPS doesn't copy what FedEx does? 'Next Day Air' is our Priority Overnight with a different name.

BTW......2nd Day AM will not work. If it's 2nd day, it must not be that important.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

LTFedExer

Let's just all agree that when FedEx does something profitable, UPS will follow suit......and vice versa. Makes sense to me from a business standpoint.