new sprinters

Nolimitz

My route was assigned one of the new sprinters this week. Pretty nice ride compared to the old Junkers in our Bldg. Quite, decent power, tunes, cruise control, Bluetooth. Don't use the Nav system as I know where I'm going. The "lane control" sys is really sensitive esp. on curvy mnt. roads. I don't care for it at all and temp disable on any long stretch. It turns back on each time the truck is shut off. Blind spot warning sys also very sensitive. Was beeping anytime a car pulled up next to me at lights. Turned it off as well. Most of my 300 mile daily trip is rural country highways. Very few stops.

Overall it's a nice improvement, yet a bit of sys overkill for a work truck. Anyone else driving one yet?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My route was assigned one of the new sprinters this week. Pretty nice ride compared to the old Junkers in our Bldg. Quite, decent power, tunes, cruise control, Bluetooth. Don't use the Nav system as I know where I'm going. The "lane control" sys is really sensitive esp. on curvy mnt. roads. I don't care for it at all and temp disable on any long stretch. It turns back on each time the truck is shut off. Blind spot warning sys also very sensitive. Was beeping anytime a car pulled up next to me at lights. Turned it off as well. Most of my 300 mile daily trip is rural country highways. Very few stops.

Overall it's a nice improvement, yet a bit of sys overkill for a work truck. Anyone else driving one yet?
I LOVE my new Sprinter. The annoying features from my previous one are gone. Very happy to not have to use my phone for music.

The only problem with mine is everyone keeps wanting to drive it. :( We have too many new people in my station who it seem to have made it their personal mission to leave a dent in every vehicle. Lol.

Last edited:

P1 Failure

We just got one. Not sure who it’s going to but I have a feeling it will go to the rte that is furthest out since she is out the longest. Took a peep into it yesterday and it’s fancy.

Serf

We have a few that just arrived. They look nice. As for the Izuzu Line up.....awful & cheap.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Oh yeah, another thing.... as nice as the black interior looks, it’s going to be a constant struggle to keep it clean with all the dirt roads I have. Oh well, guess I’ll just have to clean it more often.

Bob11B

There are thousands in a field near my house (they build all of them here)....the last few weeks I have seen them driving them in convoys, taking them wherever they are going

McFeely

Huge Member
We have a new one in our station, but it hasn't been assigned to anyone as of yet. Will be curious who gets it. Too small for my route, but I'd be rockin' that van on a Saturday night.

Star B

White Lightening
to be fair, IR was always a half-cooked protocol in the PC world. I mean, I've got a laser printer that supports it(non-fedex). I think I used it once and said "to hell with this" and hooked it back up to a parallel port.

SmithBarney

It makes one wonder why fedex ordered all these with the full infotainment center?

According to our former Managing Director, they finally accepted the fact that everyone was going to use those things anyway, so they wanted to make them safer.

More than likely, Mercedes probably doesn't offer it as a deleted option anymore, as integrated as many of these newer vehicles are, it might not be feasible. Also probable is that the vehicles cost more to delete options.