New supervisor problems......

DOWNWIFBROWN321

We have a new supervisor at our hub that is trying to prove themselves. :hangover: This person has been going around pissing everyone off. We have been tolerant but now it's starting to get worse since this person seems to not care. Is there any way we can get this person to calm down with the harassment? We have been filing on this person but it seems like our local and the management at our hub doesn't give two $h!+$ about this person being on a power trip. Anyone else have any similar circumstances with new sups? How did you and your sort handle this person? What can we do to correct this hostile environment?

ski or die

Ski or Die
Before I retired, I was a steward. When we encountered one of these ego trip sups, we would file every time he sneezed. It may not seem the local or management are concerned at this point, but after awhile they will get tired of defending his actions. Some of the grievances will stick because he won't be clean on all of them. So get a stack of grievances and have "everybody" file on every grievable offense.

ski or die

Ski or Die
We handle harassment by filing an Article 37 and calling HR. The evidence eventually builds to the breaking point.
You must have a very good HR Dept. My past experiences indicated they were standing on the same side of the fence as management and could not be objective.

km3

Supposedly the harassment/crisis hotline works wonders. The only supervisor that I know of who has had it called on him before will back down from anything if the word "harassment" so much as enters the conversation. Safe to say he was scared straight. Results may vary, of course.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
We have a new supervisor at our hub that is trying to prove themselves. :hangover: This person has been going around pissing everyone off. We have been tolerant but now it's starting to get worse since this person seems to not care. Is there any way we can get this person to calm down with the harassment? We have been filing on this person but it seems like our local and the management at our hub doesn't give two $h!+$ about this person being on a power trip. Anyone else have any similar circumstances with new sups? How did you and your sort handle this person? What can we do to correct this hostile environment?

When I let her out on the property, my dog thinks she can do anything she wants. Chase squirrels, bark at kids on the sidewalk, and go into the neighbor's yard.
Then she gets zapped in the collar by my invisible fence, she realizes quickly she is not in control.
The same goes with your supervisor !! They think they can do whatever they want UNTIL THEY GET "ZAPPED".
You control the grievances and your hostile supervisor.
You just have to be man enough to put pen to paper.

LeadBelly

Banned
When I let her out on the property, my dog thinks she can do anything she wants. Chase squirrels, bark at kids on the sidewalk, and go into the neighbor's yard.
Then she gets zapped in the collar by my invisible fence, she realizes quickly she is not in control.
The same goes with your supervisor !! They think they can do whatever they want UNTIL THEY GET "ZAPPED".
I love dogs....

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Going all the way back to my part-time days....

I used to tell supervisors;

"You might be in charge, but we're in control ".

-Bug-

haller

source.gif

Last edited:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I skimmed over the fact that they have been filing for harassment already.
The only thing I can add is a paper trail is hard to cover up, as long as it's properly submitted.
They do the same with us when applying discipline.
Eventually when the folder gets thick enough, changes are made.

Integrity

Binge Poster
What actions by this supervisor are you claiming are actions that constitute harassment?

If you are the only one to file, it can be an up hill battle to get this supervisors bass in a sling... If you and a hand full or more teamsters file, they will go a long way... Sometimes it can take some time but it works... The catch is to get everyone to jump on board... That in it self can not be a easy task...

As for the 1800 #... I've used it before, very effective... I would use it as a last result (and I mean last result).... Also don't call alone... Have others do so... Good luck...

vvv

I suppose you can recruit me over for a job transfer for say a week or a month and I can show you girls how to do your job quite properly by UPS rule and if enough of you have the nuts to follow thru your problems should decline rapidly.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Ahhh. Ups at its finest