New TEAMCARE deductibles

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
For all of us currently under UPS health plan we enjoy no deductibles on our health care. When we are switched over to TEAMCARE we will have deductibles of:

1st year= $50 individual, $100 family
2nd year= $100 individual, $200 family
3rd year= $150 individual, $300 family
4th year= $200 individual, $400 family

Now you know why I was screaming for the details of this TA. This is a no vote for me. Going from no deductibles to $400 in 4 years is a concession. A concession with UPS making 4.38 Billion is crap.

The Milkman

For all of us currently under UPS health plan we enjoy no deductibles on our health care. When we are switched over to TEAMCARE we will have deductibles of:

Now you know why I was screaming for the details of this TA. This is a no vote for me. Going from no deductibles to $400 in 4 years is a concession. A concession with UPS making 4.38 Billion is crap.

:bsbullf:

:youreright:

DiligentUPSer

...Not to mention only 80% coverage now on diagnostics (MRI, CT scan, X-Ray, Lab) compared to 90% currently for MRI/CT scan and 100% for all the above in the previous contract (2002-2007). Ughhh...

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
you are worried about a measly $400 deductible? What planet are you living on? What economy do you experience every day? Is your part of the world immune to the disgustingly high and continuously rising health care costs?

DiligentUPSer

What happens in 2018 and beyond with respect to deductibles and the overall coverage? 200 single/400 family in 2017 is only setting the stage for increased deductibles and an overall decrease in insurance coverage in future contracts...

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
I look at it more as a nice, friendly preparation for the good ol' Obamacare that everyone thought was such a great idea...That's kicking in sometime around 2017-18, if I'm not mistaken....

DiligentUPSer

Forgot to mention, be sure to get all vision/dental needs taken care of before the end of 2013! Said benefits appear to be decreased (significantly in some circumstances) thereafter.

jdog

If YOU THINK YOU GOT IT BAD LOOK AT FREIGHTS TA !!! $135 PER WEEK FOR FAMILY WITH $1500 PER INDIVUAL DEDUCTIBLE !!!!

realbrown1

you are worried about a measly $400 deductible? What planet are you living on? What economy do you experience every day? Is your part of the world immune to the disgustingly high and continuously rising health care costs?
UPS made 4.38Billion in profits and they were able to provide a health care plan with no deductibles. This contract should actually reward UPS employees who make that happen, not take money away from us. I do want UPS to be even more profitable in the future, but not by nickle and diming the employees that actually provide the ability for them to make the profit in the first place.

ups clerk

UPS made 4.38Billion in profits and they were able to provide a health care plan with no deductibles. This contract should actually reward UPS employees who make that happen, not take money away from us. I do want UPS to be even more profitable in the future, but not by nickle and diming the employees that actually provide the ability for them to make the profit in the first place.
What I haven't seen mentioned is what is the Union getting out of this. It is like they are doing us a favor. When the union asked UPS if they (the union) could take over the health care benefits, I got a feeling UPS said, "Hell yes...is the pope Catholic? Knock yourself out."

pjs

Will spouses be covered under the new Teamcare plan? It says dependents are covered but do they consider a spouse a dependent? A couple weeks ago my local BA told us that if our spouses were able to get insurance through their job that they had to take them and not the Teamcare plan, does anyone have any info on this issue? Also does anyone know if we will still have access to the Hyatt Legal Plan as part of this benefit package or is that something that UPS runs separately from the Health & Welfare package?

BROWNHOG

AND HOW MANY JOBS HAS UPS MAINTAINED ? 400 $ DEDUCTABLES AND YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT ? TRY 3000 DOLLARS . yOUR GOING INTO TEAMCARE BECAUSE YOUR HEALTH AND WELFARE CONTRIBUTIONS EARNED AND NEGOTIATED WERE SQUWANDERED AWAY AND WASTED AND IT WASN'T UPS THAT DID THAT TO YOU

realbrown1

AND HOW MANY JOBS HAS UPS MAINTAINED ? 400 $ DEDUCTABLES AND YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT ? TRY 3000 DOLLARS . yOUR GOING INTO TEAMCARE BECAUSE YOUR HEALTH AND WELFARE CONTRIBUTIONS EARNED AND NEGOTIATED WERE SQUWANDERED AWAY AND WASTED AND IT WASN'T UPS THAT DID THAT TO YOU
Can you be a little more specific. We have people on here like 407 who are very slow and need you to spell it out.

Atomic_Smurf

We passed a healthcare bill to fix the problem of rising healthcare. Seems to be working about as well as Obama's stimulous bill & jobs plans have worked. We just need more Obama.

pretender

Yes, but it is FREE!

steward71

I have been saying for those who voted for Obammy (short for Barry Obama) and listen to the wonderful leaders like Hoffy and Hall we were going to loss big time on health care. Why do you think Hoffy and Hall keep you in the dark they knew UPS was going to say funny time we are not going to give insurance to anyone at time no more. They know this Obama care allowed them to do this. Hoffy knows he could not come back tell you this because you would get very pissy. So in comes My teamcare are what ever they are calling it. God people get a grip on what is going on around. Hoffy and the big leaders last year when finding out more about the health care law stated they may have made a mistake with help getting the bill past in the first place. GO and look it up. The veey same people who wrote the bill stated last week it is going to be a train wreck. So it is a wreck that we the American People helped make.

Then you have people like The Other Side who have been coming here and saying how great the health bill is and how great the teamsters are at getting what they want from UPS. Well now The other Side post saying vote no. The Other side do you even think the reason for our down grading of health care is due to the reason of Obama care, no you will never make the ends meet. I did not see any protects about what could hapen if the cost go up any more in the next 4 yrs and if so could the teamsters then say you will have (in the words of the geat one Obama) pay your fair share. That is coming in the near future part timers will be left with a choice pay union dues or health care. What do you think they are going to do. Obama Care it is wonderful more to come in the following years.

InsideUPS

The concessionary TeamCare plan (CS) affects us all differently. For full-timers, the percentage of deductibles and other out of pocket expenses represents a significantly less percentage of their net wages ($75,000 to $100,00 per year) than it does for part timers making $10,000 - $15,000 per year. Perhaps to understand and appreciate how this contract feels and appears to others....we should place ourselves in their positions...

Remember the "Indian Prayer" - "Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their UPS work boots"