New telematics reports

Packmule

Friday morning they announced several new reports they will now be watching. Includes whether you are scanning packages in the back of the car or at customer's door, if you turn board on before exiting the car (you're supposed to always know how many pieces, etc).
All this stuff is to push productivity.
There was more but that was all I can remember.
Anybody else know more about this?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Friday morning they announced several new reports they will now be watching. Includes whether you are scanning packages in the back of the car or at customer's door, if you turn board on before exiting the car (you're supposed to always know how many pieces, etc).
Never heard of it, nor will I care.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If this is true I see no need for driver sups anymore.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Bear in mind that whatever information is generated by these new reports still cannot be used for discipline without some other form of corroboration. In other words...much ado about nothing.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sometimes it is better to scan first. I used to deliver to a office that people would run in and out and there was little room. By having everything ready, I saved time. Once while out with a supervisor, he made me do it his way. Ten minutes later, we were out of there.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Sometimes it is better to scan first. I used to deliver to a office that people would run in and out and there was little room. By having everything ready, I saved time. Once while out with a supervisor, he made me do it his way. Ten minutes later, we were out of there.
I always scan first. Rarely even carry diad with me doing resis. Usually stop complete in cargo area and put it back in holder on my way out the door. I just wish they could come up with a pooping report so I could just skip the colonoscopy.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Residential, I always try to stop complete away from the truck to get the best allowance to keep the man at bay.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It's just the way I did it along the way but have been trying lately to stop complete at the door of resi's. Never used to think about all this crap before. Used to just deliver packages.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I always scan as soon as I grab the package. Have never had anyone say anything about it.

It's 6 one half dozen another as far as I'm concerned.

Packmule

Single pkg stops no problem. Bulk stops with the cart, scanning at the truck helps me count down. Also, if it's a "tongue up" cart load, scanning as you load the cart often means you just slide it out from under the stack in front of the customer. Means you handle them twice instead of three times.
Not to mention my PO stop where the clerk has just enough time to open the locked door and sign while I'm unloading before she has to get back to her customers.

Packmule

If I heard right, it will also measure your pkg selection time as well as how long it takes to get the car moving after your butt hits the seat. In short, it turns everyday into an electronic production ride.

Z

ZQXC

If I heard right, it will also measure your pkg selection time as well as how long it takes to get the car moving after your butt hits the seat. In short, it turns everyday into an electronic production ride.

My truck is moving when my butt hits the seat.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Residential, I always try to stop complete away from the truck to get the best allowance to keep the man at bay.
If we worry about keeping the man at bay, the man has already won. I just do the work and accept the fact that the mans job security depends upon finding something about my performance to bitch about.