New Timecard Procedures Are Childish

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Am I the only one who feels like a first-grader with our new timecard procedures? It's kind of like having to raise your hand and have the teacher give you permission to go to the potty. It's pretty bad when you cannot be trusted to get your own timecard, place it in the clock, and punch. What's next? With all of the other crap going on at FedEx one would think upper management has better things to do than worrying about BS like this. Just another example of the downward spiral of this company.We're accelerating to the bottom of the toilet bowl like an friend-16 on full afterburner. You're a hell of a pilot Fred. You'll finally figure it out when FedEx hits the wall....we're getting really close. With Matt as your co-pilot, it will just happen that much faster.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
First, you have to ask the "Gatekeeper" for your timecard, then you have to punch-in precisely 5 mins before your scheduled start time...no earlier, no later, or you will be written-up by your manager (OLCC). Next, you must circle your start time and end time and place your initials within the circle(s). Finally, your card must be placed in the secure timecard lockbox. The reasoning (I've been told) is to avoid lawsuits for working off the clock.

The net result is people standing in line to get their cards, then standing in line to punch the clock. If the timecard designee is busy or otherwise distracted, you could actually be "late" when you were at your work location on time. Insane...Nero fiddles while Rome burns.

F

FedEx All the Way

Am I the only one who feels like a first-grader with our new timecard procedures? It's kind of like having to raise your hand and have the teacher give you permission to go to the potty. It's pretty bad when you cannot be trusted to get your own timecard, place it in the clock, and punch. What's next? With all of the other crap going on at FedEx one would think upper management has better things to do than worrying about BS like this. Just another example of the downward spiral of this company.We're accelerating to the bottom of the toilet bowl like an friend-16 on full afterburner. You're a hell of a pilot Fred. You'll finally figure it out when FedEx hits the wall....we're getting really close. With Matt as your co-pilot, it will just happen that much faster.

Sounds like Fred designed it just for you?

SmithBarney

Time cards are retarded, they want to get rid of lawsuits, the lawsuits happen because of discrepancies between electronic, printed, written, timecards, make it simple like UPS.
Help yourself to you equipment, if you sign in late, then you are late, otherwise your
start time is the scheduled time.. even if you show up early. No discrepancies, no problems.

F

FEDEX ALL THE WAY!

No, it's an insult to my intelligence. It would be a perfect fit for someone with a grade-school mentality.Like you.

Not to insult your intelligence and since your so high on yourself and seem to think your too good for FedEx, let me ask you this "Why-are-you-still-with-the-Co.?" In your previous posts you mentioned that you would be living - what is stopping you from going right now?
Can you post anything positive about the company?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not to insult your intelligence and since your so high on yourself and seem to think your too good for FedEx, let me ask you this "Why-are-you-still-with-the-Co.?" In your previous posts you mentioned that you would be living - what is stopping you from going right now?
Can you post anything positive about the company?

I've been with FedEx since the mid-80's and am in the process of leaving. I need to take a few continuing education classes to re-certify for my specialty in college. I won't name it, because it would help to identify who I am, since I have mentioned it to my fellow workers.

The one positive thing I can say about FedEx is that it used to be a good place to work. It has gone from a premier employer to one of the worst, except for folks like you, who cannot see what is going on.

Now, one question for you. How do you propose to retire on your new retirement plan? Unless you have a lot of years in under the old "Traditional Plan", you'd be lucky to have enough money to live in a cardboard box underneath an overpass. That's the new FedEx, and why Smith is one of the greediest and immoral CEO's out there.

F

FEDEX ALL THE WAY

I've been with FedEx since the mid-80's and am in the process of leaving. I need to take a few continuing education classes to re-certify for my specialty in college. I won't name it, because it would help to identify who I am, since I have mentioned it to my fellow workers.

The one positive thing I can say about FedEx is that it used to be a good place to work. It has gone from a premier employer to one of the worst, except for folks like you, who cannot see what is going on.

Now, one question for you. How do you propose to retire on your new retirement plan? Unless you have a lot of years in under the old "Traditional Plan", you'd be lucky to have enough money to live in a cardboard box underneath an overpass. That's the new FedEx, and why Smith is one of the greediest and immoral CEO's out there.

MrFedEx, since you've been with FedEx since the mid-80's and you are so smart, why didn't you re-certify for your specialty when you saw that the company was changing (so you say)? There are many people out there that are just glad to be getting a paycheck right now. Also, anyone who has the smarts knows that you simply can't rely on "social security" in this country for retirement and should have been already saving for their nest. A little everyweek goes a long way!

SmithBarney

Curious question on the topic of time cards, on your time card are you required to
hand write all your time codes, or is the print out from your astra printer suitable?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We still have ASTRA printouts on the timecard. It's the punch-in and punch-out times that have to be initialed and circled. The net effect here is longer wait times for equipment and "late" employees who don't get their timecard from the gatekeeper until after their scheduled clock-in time....ridiculous.

SmithBarney

yeah I went from a "manager-less" station to one with 2 managers... the amount of time wasted every morning is retarded... no wonder Cali drivers sued and won.

Oh well, I just do my job, and I do it better than anyone else who has ran the route.
And they leave me alone for now. they've even lowered the numbers on the route
I'm not hung up on numbers and neither was my old station, although it seems everyone here just thinks about #'s.

A

Anonymous w

First off you only have to circle the end work time. Next, are you putting in for tuition reimbursement for your classes? I bet you are. You work for an airline dude. Look what is going on in the industry. UAL laid off 7000 people. Other companies are just laying off people. Too bad we don't and you can be the first in line.

LiL"Comet"

MrFedEx, Granted I'm new here @ BrownCafe but why are you here anyway???? I mean it's "BrownCafe". HUMMMM??? Didn't see a FedEx Cafe maybe since your so intelligent you can come up with your own website?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MrFedEx, Granted I'm new here @ BrownCafe but why are you here anyway???? I mean it's "BrownCafe". HUMMMM??? Didn't see a FedEx Cafe maybe since your so intelligent you can come up with your own website?

Cheryl, who runs this site, set-up a FedEx Forum a while back for us. UPS people frequently visit and throw out their 2 cents, particularly on issues that involve both companies.

I work full-time and have several little kids, so I don't have time to set-up and run a website. This site is fine for me.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
First off you only have to circle the end work time. Next, are you putting in for tuition reimbursement for your classes? I bet you are. You work for an airline dude. Look what is going on in the industry. UAL laid off 7000 people. Other companies are just laying off people. Too bad we don't and you can be the first in line.

First off, FedEx is much more than an airline. It,like UPS, is a systems integrator, which means they are pretty much an all-encompassing transportation provider. Trying to compare a passenger carrier like UAL with an integrator like FedEx is like comparing apples and oranges, and is a good illustration of your ignorance on this matter.

And yes, I will put in for tuition refund, since it's one of the few benefits that FedEx has not stripped away...yet. And at my location, we have to circle beginning and end times.Also, per the FedExaminer site, Smith is already furloughing pilots, so he's just laying-off people too. At my station, so many couriers have quit that they cannot afford to lay anyone off...who would deliver the pkgs?

SmithBarney

I love the new software update, no longer can you punch out in advance,
to allow time for your time card to print, so every day CSA's have to
update every single persons time card to include the 5-10+ minutes
it takes to wait for the print out. I can't see this lasting too much longer,
our CSA's are overtaxed as it is.