New to air driving; quick question

Alligator

Alien Aligator Here For Your Package
I know air drivers work Saturdays but is it every Saturday or is the month split amongst the different air drivers? Or does it depend on where you are located?
Thanks ^.^

PT Car Washer

In my center there is a PT sign up sheet for Saturday driving. If not enough people sign up Art. 40 in the Master Agreement says UPS can force from the bottom. Never seen that happen except for Holidays, Mothers Day, Christmas Eve, day after Thanksgiving.

barnyard

KTM rider
You would have to ask the supe that covers Saturday air driving as it really depends on the bid and the center you are in.

rha

Read Article 40. If you don't work pretty much every Saturday, it will take you until about forever to get to top pay rate.
I just started on saturdays earlier this year. I've worked every saturday since I started.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I just started on saturdays earlier this year. I've worked every saturday since I started.
Good for you. About how long would you say it took you to feel comfortable/confident doing it? Between mapping out the deliveries, estimating if you are over dispatches, driving the truck, and recording everything with the DIAD. Do you have EDD on Saturday?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I thought it takes 2 years to reach top pay. Has that changed?
Good question. I was listed as a bid Saturday driver and went to top rate after 2 years (worked about 95% of those Saturdays). I did have problems with payroll screwing up the rate, it got straightened out.

But I know in some of our other barns if you only drove on Saturday, you were considered an exception air driver. I had talked to a FT pkg steward in one of those barns, and he thought you had to work 4 Saturdays to earn a month towards the 2 years. Now I'm scratching my head. Could very well be he didn't understand the language, or the Local's Air Grievance Committee/Panel got a really bad interpretation/decision. Bad things like that can happen when you get trustee'd and the E-board and staff turn over too often.

PT Car Washer

Art. 40 Section 6 Wages (a) (2) talks about Air Exception drivers who are awarded a scheduled PT Air route. For every 4 days of exception work in the previous 2 years you receive 1 month of progression credit.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Art. 40 Section 6 Wages (a) (2) talks about Air Exception drivers who are awarded a scheduled PT Air route. For every 4 days of exception work in the previous 2 years you receive 1 month of progression credit.
Yeah that's got to be where he got that idea. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if it is being misinterpreted or have a bad (for the members) decision here.

fres431

Deliver one air package progression. Starts just like ground 2 year cap in air
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1410388961.357272.jpg
ground is a 4 yr

Good question. I was listed as a bid Saturday driver and went to top rate after 2 years (worked about 95% of those Saturdays). I did have problems with payroll screwing up the rate, it got straightened out.

But I know in some of our other barns if you only drove on Saturday, you were considered an exception air driver. I had talked to a FT pkg steward in one of those barns, and he thought you had to work 4 Saturdays to earn a month towards the 2 years. Now I'm scratching my head. Could very well be he didn't understand the language, or the Local's Air Grievance Committee/Panel got a really bad interpretation/decision. Bad things like that can happen when you get trustee'd and the E-board and staff turn over too often.
it's two years