New to BC but not to UPS

Thoroughbred Teamster

What's goin on, folks!
I've known of this site for quite a while now but now felt it was time to join. Wish I would've joined at least a year ago because '17 was the worst peak I ever experienced and could've used this forum as a resource as well as entertainment during that time.

Moving forward though, let me share a little about myself. Married with Children (anyone else hear that shows theme song playing?) for 5 years w/ 2 kids. I've been at the company for 18 years. Been a Steward of my small but growing center since 2015

As peak season is about to hit now, it looks like our center has taken steps to make sure we don't have a repeat of last year, which is bittersweet because the paychecks were chunky but I barely got to see the fam. Barely been hitting 40 hours the last few weeks, ugh.

To close it out, just want to say I look forward to the future discussions. Appreciate it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
What's goin on, folks!
I've known of this site for quite a while now but now felt it was time to join. Wish I would've joined at least a year ago because '17 was the worst peak I ever experienced and could've used this forum as a resource as well as entertainment during that time.

Moving forward though, let me share a little about myself. Married with Children (anyone else hear that shows theme song playing?) for 5 years w/ 2 kids. I've been at the company for 18 years. Been a Steward of my small but growing center since 2015

As peak season is about to hit now, it looks like our center has taken steps to make sure we don't have a repeat of last year, which is bittersweet because the paychecks were chunky but I barely got to see the fam. Barely been hitting 40 hours the last few weeks, ugh.

To close it out, just want to say I look forward to the future discussions. Appreciate it.

If you want to complain, or hear others complain, you came to the right place.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
What's goin on, folks!

I firmly believe UPS should implement 7 days a week delivery just for peak. I’m not saying work us 7 days a week, but they could schedule enough drivers to make it work. Just my ignorant opinion

Thoroughbred Teamster

Yeah, I've noticed. I quit complaining years ago when I realized I was one of the same drivers that always stood in line every morning to complain to management about my route/dispatch/NDA after every PCM.
I've noticed that if you sift through all that in here, you find some useful, relatable info.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I'm sure that one's coming down the pike. I'm actually surprised it wasn't negotiated & agreed to this contract.
Well isn’t that part of 22.4? I assumed when this thing is fully ratified Sunday ground is official. I dunno, I just drive boxes around the Marina in shorts for a living. What do I know?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
You should edit out all of your personal info.
Not everyone here is a friend.
UPS is known to monitor this site and will discipline any employee that they can.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
UPS is known to monitor this site and will discipline any employee that they can.
Definitely should edit personal info out. But you really can only be fired for stealing, being drunk or failing a piss test. Company criticism and slander is not a disciplinary offense

Thoroughbred Teamster

Well isn’t that part of 22.4? I assumed when this thing is fully ratified Sunday ground is official. I dunno, I just drive boxes around the Marina in shorts for a living. What do I know?
You're right. I thought you meant for this peak. We just barely started our Tue-Sat schedule a couple weeks ago so the 6-day full operation is still new to me. Still hard to fathom drivers working Sundays.

I drive around a marina too all day but my route is in Discovery Bay.

Thoroughbred Teamster

What's goin on, folks!

Good lookin out but I cant figure out how to edit it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Definitely should edit personal info out. But you really can only be fired for stealing, being drunk or failing a piss test. Company criticism and slander is not a disciplinary offense
Years ago they did discipline Steve from FL. for his thread " Find the DIAD ". Which was quite funny , but the company does not have a sense of humor. I think they got him for improper use of company property.

Thoroughbred Teamster

Years ago they did discipline Steve from FL. for his thread " Find the DIAD ". Which was quite funny , but the company does not have a sense of humor. I think they got him for improper use of company property.
I already assume or act as if the company monitors my communications in one way or another. I'm not saying they do but I am saying I know they're capable. I'm sure people in my FB group spill beans to management all the time and am aware of their social media monitoring. I don't plan on coming in here slandering the company or admitting to any fireable offenses. Plus, it ain't slander if it's true, right? Watching what I say isn't anything new to me but I'll definitely think twice before I say something.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I already assume or act as if the company monitors my communications in one way or another. I'm not saying they do but I am saying I know they're capable. I'm sure people in my FB group spill beans to management all the time and am aware of their social media monitoring. I don't plan on coming in here slandering the company or admitting to any fireable offenses. Plus, it ain't slander if it's true, right? Watching what I say isn't anything new to me but I'll definitely think twice before I say something.

Paranoid Much?