New to the Hub

devonthehuman

I got hired on as a seasonal as a load/unload for peak season here in CO. After my interview i got a call asking if I would like to do Hazmat/Designated responder. I took it, naturally, coming into a new work place with so many people, different is usually a better look.
I found out that i will be an irreg driver (got pito certified last night) and the Hazmat responder.
I found these forums by just typing in "hazmat responder ups". Glad theres a forum for discussion and information on this company.
Anything i should expect with these positions? from what i read, irreg is a pretty good job, and hazmat is not so great.
We are in a new and small facility. New equipment, open space. Seems legit so far.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don't know what an irreg driver is, though I can guess from the name what it might entail. As for the hazmat responder, once you get tired of it you type out a letter resigning the post, grab a steward and hand the letter to your supervisor. It requires 60 day's notice, but they will do anything they can to keep you in the position (because no one wants it). Once you do resign it, prepare yourself for blow back from a safety manager. Never speak to one without at least a witness present, and preferably a steward.

bhan

I signed up for my payroll card 3 weeks ago and activated it last week when should I see paychecks on the card

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I signed up for my payroll card 3 weeks ago and activated it last week when should I see paychecks on the card
Yo man, slow your roll. Asking the same question over and over won't get you answers. Hijacking a thread after asking three times surely won't help. Call ADP and ask them or ask your supervisor....