New to this site, but quit ups about 5 weeks ago.

nathan

I quit ups about 5 weeks ago after almost two years. I'm a younger guy and was low on the roster and just wasn't getting enough hours. After I quit I called and asked my sup if I would be getting vacation pay and he said yes. Since then I can't get him to answer me. I called union and they gave me a number of someone to call......I call this guy and he directs me back to the building to talk to one of the desk lady's to put in an inquiry. I don't hear a response back from the inquiry.......so I call and she says she had to contact the guy that sent me to her in the first place, to inquire from the labor department.....what the hell is going on?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I quit ups about 5 weeks ago after almost two years. I'm a younger guy and was low on the roster and just wasn't getting enough hours. After I quit I called and asked my sup if I would be getting vacation pay and he said yes. Since then I can't get him to answer me. I called union and they gave me a number of someone to call......I call this guy and he directs me back to the building to talk to one of the desk lady's to put in an inquiry. I don't hear a response back from the inquiry.......so I call and she says she had to contact the guy that sent me to her in the first place, to inquire from the labor department.....what the hell is going on?

They,are trying to determine if they are going to pay you or not

nathan

I think he meant to ask why I *wouldn't * ask before I quit. I didn't ask because I was quitting either way. I just haven't seen anything online or on this site about somebody getting such a run around about getting vacation pay

nathan

That's what I thought. I just figured they were going to keep passing me around until I gave up. Is there usually this long of a wait? From what I saw most people got it the next pay week. Thank for the responses gumby

That's what I thought. I just figured they were going to keep passing me around until I gave up. Is there usually this long of a wait? From what I saw most people got it the next pay week. Thank for the responses gumby

My buddy retired last year. He said he got his vacation checks that were used to him about two weeks after he retired.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
do you have vacation hours listed on your last paystub?

nathan

Just thought I would stop by and give an update. Apparently I am not entitled to any of the vacation I had earned and they're not giving me anything. They said that counts for retirement and not quitting

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Just thought I would stop by and give an update. Apparently I am not entitled to any of the vacation I had earned and they're not giving me anything. They said that counts for retirement and not quitting
Again....what made you think you had any vacation time to pay out...did your last paystub list any vacation hours?

Depending on your local...your vacation hours can reset for the year on Jan first or after your seniority date (like my local). My seniority date isn't till July so as of right now...my vacation hours are listed at zero.