new to this site...currently working for ups

ynotups

hi my name is Tony...i am a pt sup for the ramp in alberta. i have a curious question...how much do oms usually make monthly? i am curious if i should even take the position...i am currently making 2070 after taxes and all that stuff...

ynotups

sorry i need to bump this up again. i got rejected for the OMS position, i am still a pt supervisor. but doing double to cover their asses! in the office cause no one is there...they wont give me the promotion, i dont have a criminal record or anything i have my passport. but i got rejected for my ramp pass. is it wrong for them to no promote me cause of that. i dont even have to go outside to the ramp, plus we use ERC process and they think im a risk to that area. it been three years i been working here. my question is what should i do?

DS

Fenderbender
Welcome to the cafe' ynot,I'm in Toronto.I'm not sure you will get any information here as most members are US.
Since every hub is run differently,you'd be better off asking your questions in your own centre.

stink219

Just consider this, I have yet to know an OMS that progressed to a higher position then OMS. I've met plenty of part time sups that moved up after years to center managers even division managers making 150,000 a year

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
sorry i need to bump this up again. i got rejected for the OMS position, i am still a pt supervisor. but doing double to cover their asses! in the office cause no one is there...they wont give me the promotion, i dont have a criminal record or anything i have my passport. but i got rejected for my ramp pass. is it wrong for them to no promote me cause of that. i dont even have to go outside to the ramp, plus we use ERC process and they think im a risk to that area. it been three years i been working here. my question is what should i do?
3 years and you still haven't figured out they don't care what you want. You should apply for Hoaxster's job, I think your writing skills will guarantee you the position.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
hi my name is Tony...i am a pt sup for the ramp in alberta. i have a curious question...how much do oms usually make monthly? i am curious if i should even take the position...i am currently making 2070 after taxes and all that stuff...

First, I need to move to Canada....because I'd love to know how you are TAKING HOME $2070 after all taxes and deductions as a PT sup. I have no clue about the structure of Canada's taxes and how your insurance works, but most PT sups down yonder don't take home that much.

Secondly, I just met you, and this is crazy. I already know you better than Integrity, and I'm not going to send a boogie man to come get you.

Third, I assume you work at an airport (you said 'ramp'). What the hell is ERC? And you have to have a 'pass' to get on the ramp? Is that similar to an official badge by the airport commission? How did you fail to get this?

Fourth, if you don't have anyone going to bat for you in the upper ranks of management for your promotion, then you may need to get really comfy being a PT sup.

Fifth, please work on your writing skillz, brah. Step back and look at your own performance. Be critical on yourself. Sometimes, there's more to the reason why you don't get a promotion other than "Muh bossez don't like me".