New to this site, long since retired from Air Group

Chris Boone

It seems to me that since I retired in ’02, lot’s of great changes have happened at UPS... some great, some not so. I rue the day we went public, although I made out pretty well (started acquiring stock in ’74).
Not wanting to sound greedy, one of my disappointments has been the lack of growth in the stock (I still have a lot of shares). As I watch companies like Amazon come out with really creative ways to get packages to their customers, I wonder why we seem so slow to adapt to new ways. In todays Wall Street Journal is an article describing how Amazon will deliver customers package into their locked cars (presumably at their work location) via an app (applies to certain GM and Volvo cars) that allows them to unlock the car. A really great solution for their Prime members. Are we doing anything so creative? I rarely read anything about our “creative” side while I read almost daily about competitors who appear to be “eating our lunch”. Maybe this is why our stock has languished for so long. Just sayin’....

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It seems to me that since I retired in ’02, lot’s of great changes have happened at UPS... some great, some not so. I rue the day we went public, although I made out pretty well (started acquiring stock in ’74).
Not wanting to sound greedy, one of my disappointments has been the lack of growth in the stock (I still have a lot of shares). As I watch companies like Amazon come out with really creative ways to get packages to their customers, I wonder why we seem so slow to adapt to new ways. In todays Wall Street Journal is an article describing how Amazon will deliver customers package into their locked cars (presumably at their work location) via an app (applies to certain GM and Volvo cars) that allows them to unlock the car. A really great solution for their Prime members. Are we doing anything so creative? I rarely read anything about our “creative” side while I read almost daily about competitors who appear to be “eating our lunch”. Maybe this is why our stock has languished for so long. Just sayin’....

If your username is your real name, please change to something that protects your identity.
It is against the rules of Brown Cafe.