New Training Designed To Oppress

Sheep DAWG

The New Training being taught to the driver supervisors is designed to beat the driver down and make him or her scared to resist. Seems UPS likes the "Slave Owner " style. They figure they have enough lawmakers and judges in their back pocket that they are above the law. This training taught states that a pissed off employee is a more productive employee. The "NEW" performance ride is not designed to help you correct poor methods, It's designed to Harass, intimidate, and cause you to make any little mistake that you can be disciplined for. An employee who has been given enough progressive discipline will live in fear, work harder, not report injuries and keep quiet about contract and labor law violations. The company loves it and so does the Union.

Sheep DAWG

I been there for for 25 plus years, I know they've been doing things like it for years. I'm telling you they are taking it to a new level that we haven't seen before. Get ready.

Sheep DAWG

Let's hope they do remember. But alot of the new drivers don't remember what it use to be like when we had stronger union leadership and the company feared being so bold with their dirty deeds. The company use to atleast be a little sneaky about their devious practices in fear of the Union reprisal.

DOK

They've been doing that for years.
Yeah, that's how it's been my 28 year career, oh well. There's enough screw ups here that staying off the radar is a piece of cake. Just do the job how you're trained, do the right thing and keep your nose clean and you'll enjoy a long career. It's not for everyone.

Yeah, that's how it's been my 28 year career, oh well. There's enough screw ups here that staying off the radar is a piece of cake. Just do the job how you're trained, do the right thing and keep your nose clean and you'll enjoy a long career. It's not for everyone.
Some guys don't understand that.

Sheep DAWG

Here in the Central States Region, alot of the members are not aware that when we came out of a Central States Pension Fund and went into the UPS/IBT plan in 2007, that the Buisness Agents also negotiated themselves out of Central States into the UPS Pension. That to me is a conflict of intrest when representing members intrest.

Sheep DAWG

Yea I'm very aware of how to keep my nose clean hence the reason Ive been here even longer than you. But I'm trying to educate some of the guys that really try to do a good job and provide for their families to be prepared for increase dirty practices. Just trying to help the younger guys who are not as experienced as we are. Hence my user name " Sheep dog "

Overpaid Union Thug

The New Training being taught to the driver supervisors is designed to beat the driver down and make him or her scared to resist. Seems UPS likes the "Slave Owner " style. They figure they have enough lawmakers and judges in their back pocket that they are above the law. This training taught states that a :censored2: off employee is a more productive employee. The "NEW" performance ride is not designed to help you correct poor methods, It's designed to Harass, intimidate, and cause you to make any little mistake that you can be disciplined for. An employee who has been given enough progressive discipline will live in fear, work harder, not report injuries and keep quiet about contract and labor law violations. The company loves it and so does the Union.

I've been known to drop OCSs off at the nearest commercial stop when they start pissing me off. The first thing I do to avoid all this is file to block the ride. It doesn't always work but it doesn't always fail either. If they end up riding with me I just relax and do what I normally do without them. And thats follow as many methods as I can remember. If they have a crap attitude because they are having to ride with me thats fine. I get it. I know that they are usually directed to ride with us because some snake in a suite sitting in an office on the other side of the state was pissed about his numbers and projected that frustration down to my Manager and/or OCS through a conference call. But they will not be harassing me because they got punked by a coward on a conference call. I will put a stop to that very quickly. To get on the truck with us with the goal of harassment and intimidation is about the dumbest, not to mention DANGEROUS, strategies there is. I mean why the hell would you want to ride with someone if they are anything but calm and collected in their thoughts?

B

BrownCubster

A senior driver told me a couple years ago that it has been that way the last 20 plus years. She said the best way to handle it is show you DON'T care. They usually leave the drivers alone that they can't get to using these methods.

The problem is that it works with many people. Educate the weak. Stand up for the weak. That is what belonging to a union is all about.

Thanks for the heads up especially for new employees.

Sheep DAWG

Most of the Supervisors don't want to get on the pacage car with you to do this "But" they don't have a choice. If they come back to the center without having progressive discipline on you, then they better have made sure you increased your stops per hour. Their jobs are being threatened as well.

Overpaid Union Thug

Most of the Supervisors don't want to get on the pacage car with you to do this "But" they don't have a choice. If they come back to the center without having progressive discipline on you, then they better have made sure you increased your stops per hour. Their jobs are being threatened as well.

When this happens they will nitpick like crazy. And it's easy to do. There are no perfect drivers and there are lots of methods we weren't trained on and don't know about. Plus, the methods have been updated for ORION centers but, for some reason, whenever we ask for a copy we get the run around. The best we can do is go with what we got. I use the "2005 (updated in 2011) version". Thats all I can find online and I know better than to ask a supervisors about certain methods. They will all give conflicting answers.

Sheep DAWG

UPS's new training will leave no one out. Their plan is to ride with everyone. It use to be their practice to make an example out of a few to scare the others. The New Training will be to make examples out of everyone. So if you are one of the guys who think "they know betterthan to mess with me." Get Ready. ...you're gonna run more stops per hour or you will have progressive discipline , it's that simple in the training to the supervisors. Here in Central States Region, File a grievance if you want, they will hear your grievance in a year, until then , your progressive discipline keeps piling on to make you look to the panel as if you're a problem employee.

Sheep DAWG

In the old days, we were told by the Union to just do your job and follow the Methods and they can't do anything to you. Well that's not the case anymore. The Company is doing what they want. And we are hearing nothing but crickets from the Union side. We haven't seen a driver get back pay for being fired unjustly since 2007.