New TV

rod

Retired 22 years
My POS Best Buy house brand flat screen (3 years old) just puked on me. Any suggestions on what I should get. A 42" is big enough for what I need.

P.S. In the mean time watching a 13 inch screen leaves a lot to be desired.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There's a pretty big price range in the 42 inch field that reflects a pretty big range in features.
Do you care about 3d?
Do you have a blu-player or plan on getting one?
Do you have a preference between lcd and plasma?
What's the most you want to spend?

This LG is a pretty sweet deal, $499 shipped from Amazon.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just got a LG 47" LCD
I keep hearing about plasma glare and we have lots of natural light in the rec. room.
So far, so good. This TV had the best picture in the store when it was next to other kinds.

over9five

Staff member
We just got a LG 47" LCD
I keep hearing about plasma glare and we have lots of natural light in the rec. room.
So far, so good. This TV had the best picture in the store when it was next to other kinds.

That's how we picked, although our Panasonic 50" is plasma cuz it's in a darker room. LG 32" LCD in the bedroom.

P

pickup

A 42" is big enough for what I need.

Rod , this is family friendly website. Not that there is anything wrong with what you are in the market for, but don't you think another website would be more appropriate for your desires?

rod

Retired 22 years
Rod , this is family friendly website. Not that there is anything wrong with what you are in the market for, but don't you think another website would be more appropriate for your desires?

The wife isn't interested in my 13" either.

We get discounts on Sharp and Panasonic thru UPS. I have 5 Sharp flatscreens from 26 to 52 inch and am happy with every one. Between now and xmas they have even bigger sales.

DS

Fenderbender
we have a 32'' sony LCD and after looking around I think our next one will be LED.
Even up close you can see the pimples and sweat on Sean Avery's face.