New Union Steward

Exo

Hey all.

To the stewards out there, looking for advice. My current steward and a member of the executive committee for my local has asked me to become a steward. He is retiring in 3 years and offered to train. I was wondering some of the benefits and cons of the job.

I was a pt sup for 3 years, preload, dps and on car until I got fed up with the complete idiocy of my ft management team. I am now a FT driver and while I'm still fed up with the idiocy, at least I have the union to back me up. There are some drivers I currently have trust with but some are not opening up to me yet still thinking of me as "one of them" (management)

Thanks for any advice you can offer

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey all.

To the stewards out there, looking for advice. My current steward and a member of the executive committee for my local has asked me to become a steward. He is retiring in 3 years and offered to train. I was wondering some of the benefits and cons of the job.

I was a pt sup for 3 years, preload, dps and on car until I got fed up with the complete idiocy of my ft management team. I am now a FT driver and while I'm still fed up with the idiocy, at least I have the union to back me up. There are some drivers I currently have trust with but some are not opening up to me yet still thinking of me as "one of them" (management)

Thanks for any advice you can offer
How do you go from "on car" to FT driver?

AZ Retired

allegedly went "Brett Favre" with his cell.
Were you FT management? Did you quit the company and then come back as a driver? I have seen that happen but never saw a transfer from ft mgt to hourly.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Was pt sup, never FT. Pt on car
PT On Car?
jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
yes, my center has about 60 ft drivers, 10 pt drivers (of which I was their pt on car sup) and about 30 preload-local sort members.
What was your job classification code? I just looked them up and there is no such classification as PT On Car.

Exo

Exists in my center on the east coast of canada. No idea what my classification code was, I was just a lowly pt sup...of drivers...on the road...doing ORO's and yearly rides and Safe work methods and injury reports and managing dispatches....