New Unloader/Loader

thegraygoose

I know everyone on here is probably sick of seeing all these new hire posts but I figured I would just give it a shot. I got hired as a loader/unloader last week and I have orientation this Tuesday and just had a few questions that I was hoping could get answered. Keep in mind these are questions that I thought HR would be hesitant to answer.

1. Is it possible to request days off?
2. Will the hub really fire people as it suggests on the forum?
3. Is the earn and learn program total bs?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
1. Really you don't even have the job and are wanting time off?
2. Yes in a heartbeat.
3. What about it concerns you. You go to school and they pay for some of it. What's BS about that

thegraygoose

1. Really you don't even have the job and are wanting time off?
2. Yes in a heartbeat.
3. What about it concerns you. You go to school and they pay for some of it. What's BS about that

For the first question its because of a family vacation that was planned before this job, and I've just heard people complain that earn and learn is a scam. Obviously I'm still going to take advantage of the program but didn't know if there was some sort of catch to it.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
1) Yes it is, but you will most likely not get a positive answer if you're asking for a week off when you've just been hired. If you have to be off, ask for one day, say a Friday, well in advance.
2) Yes. Depends on your preload sup though. IF you're lucky like me and yours is a fair individual, life will be easier.
3) No its not BS but you have to inquire constantly about it.

km3

1. Yes. Whether you get it is another matter...
2. Depends on what you did. Stealing will get you a one-way ticket out, but otherwise there's always a chance you'll be back
3. No, it's good. But not all locations offer it.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Tell them before you are hired and you might get the time off.

Attendance isn't as big a deal as it used to be. My hub gives away gift cards and flat screens trying to entice kids to do their job. Other things will get you fired and prosecuted.

I know employees who have used the educational benefit and they said it was a good deal.

Box Ox

I didn't miss one day my first year. People don't appreciate the job. It's either they've never had to struggle or they are entitled snow flakes.

Maybe the hiring process has changed. When I took the preload tour several years ago, HR basically told us we could eat :censored2: (possibly for years) and like at at the bottom or walk away and not bother going any further.

Days off because you already had a vacation planned? Nah. Company doesnt care. We're all just cogs in the machine. You get a number and sticking around eventually gets you what you've earned. If you don't want to do that, the next guy will.

haller

1. Yes. Whether you get it is another matter...
2. Depends on what you did. Stealing will get you a one-way ticket out, but otherwise there's always a chance you'll be back
3. No, it's good. But not all locations offer it.

Lying about a sick day. What are the chances then?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I know everyone on here is probably sick of seeing all these new hire posts but I figured I would just give it a shot. I got hired as a loader/unloader last week and I have orientation this Tuesday and just had a few questions that I was hoping could get answered. Keep in mind these are questions that I thought HR would be hesitant to answer.

The earn and learn program is good...but in some buildings it's only available on certain sorts so be sure to inquire. Basically you have to pay for your classes, books, etc and if you get a C or better in your classes..UPS will reimburse you for your tuition, books and certain college fees you paid out of pocket. Talk to HR.

km3

Lying about a sick day. What are the chances then?

Depends on your local management and union. I'd talk to a business agent.

I only say "there's always a chance," because I've seen people get fired for fighting and get their jobs back. Real fighting, not a screaming match. I've seen people get fired for walking out in the middle of the shift, and they came back.

I honestly feel like the only people who get fired for cardinal offenses around here are drivers, and people who steal. I'm not about to put my own job on the line and test that theory, but from what I've observed, especially more recently, that seems to be the case.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I know everyone on here is probably sick of seeing all these new hire posts but I figured I would just give it a shot.

So why :censored2: ask?

I like you man, you already know you're gonna pisss people off but said to yourself, "You know what, I don't give a friend*...I'm going to ask my questions anyways. Who gives a Sht what these meat commanders on the internet think right!"

Glad to see there are a few of us left out there. Why sht in the bowl when you can sht right on the seat! I don't know anything about your questions, I don't work here sorry!

Turdferguson

Just a turd
So why :censored2: ask?

I like you man, you already know you're gonna pisss people off but said to yourself, "You know what, I don't give a friend*...I'm going to ask my questions anyways. Who gives a Sht what these meat commanders on the internet think right!"

Glad to see there are a few of us left out there. Why sht in the bowl when you can sht right on the seat! I don't know anything about your questions, I don't work here sorry!
It's loud mouth punks like you who are ruining this site!!