New UPS e-bikes are turning heads in the UK

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

New UPS e-bikes are turning heads in the UK - UPS

What’s new: With a fleet of electric-assist eQuad bikes taking to the streets in London, UPS is pilot testing new ways to serve customers while reducing carbon footprint and traffic congestion.

The big picture: These four-wheeled electric-assist cycles developed by Fernhay allow the operator to use cycle lanes and easily move through narrow streets and dual-use pedestrian zones. They’re the latest leap forward in UPS’s use of innovative solutions and advanced technology to operate more sustainably.

Why it’s needed: Last-mile deliveries via cycle support a more sustainable way to deliver in dense urban environments and navigate zero-emission zones.

“The bikes are a great way to beat traffic in urban areas and to deliver to addresses that are harder to reach by a traditional package car,’’ said George Dann, a UPS e-cycle operator in London. “People stop me on the street to ask questions. They’re a real hit when I’m on the road.”

Poop Head

Judge me.
I was given an electric bike, I am very happy with the gift. I ride it daily to work in the city and on business. That's 60 kilometers a day. I've given up my car. It's been standing for two months, I take it only when it rains. When it's sunny I get on my bicycle and go. I do all the things and have fun. I put it on charging in the evening and take it off in the morning. My husband has tuned up the bike, it has a completely different look. Well, that's understandable - any vehicle needs to be tuned to make it look unique. The most important thing that needs to be updated - the fenders. Purely technically the bike is improved, refined.
I think the future is in these bikes. There are at least 10 people a day asking me to tell them what it is and how to handle it and what the price is. All everyone does is ask and ask and ask. Very little information, people don't know much. Still, it's a thing. I definitely recommend it.
Everyone knows what an e bike is by now. People are probably just asking you about it all the time cuz youre good looking.

New UPS e-bikes are turning heads in the UK - UPS

What’s new: With a fleet of electric-assist eQuad bikes taking to the streets in London, UPS is pilot testing new ways to serve customers while reducing carbon footprint and traffic congestion.

The big picture: These four-wheeled electric-assist cycles developed by Fernhay allow the operator to use cycle lanes and easily move through narrow streets and dual-use pedestrian zones. They’re the latest leap forward in UPS’s use of innovative solutions and advanced technology to operate more sustainably.

Why it’s needed: Last-mile deliveries via cycle support a more sustainable way to deliver in dense urban environments and navigate zero-emission zones.

“The bikes are a great way to beat traffic in urban areas and to deliver to addresses that are harder to reach by a traditional package car,’’ said George Dann, a UPS e-cycle operator in London. “People stop me on the street to ask questions. They’re a real hit when I’m on the road.”
Dear Lord...