New UPSer here...

neihouma

Howdy everyone, just a quick question I started in October for peak season and got rehired immediately after peak and just passed my 30 days probation, I'm curious about my college options.

I just want to go to school to learn Mandarin, Portuguese and ASL (American Sign Language). Currently speak English (duh), Spanish and Cantonese I just want to learn languages. Will UPS pay for that? Or I have to choose a major and take all the other required classes such as English, Math and Science?

The reason I'm posting here because I already asked my HR and she told me to check at the UPSers.com and go to the market savings and it's a total cluster :censored2: there to find anything informative.

Thanks in advance! And next year January I'll have full benefits!

Rey

Last edited by a moderator:

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
You can take any college course you want. Just make sure your hub participates in the earn and learn program.

neihouma

You can take any college course you want. Just make sure your hub participates in the earn and learn program.

Thanks for the reply, on peak season my HR representative specifically said that this hub will pay for my education all I have to do is stick it out on peak season and pass the 30 day probation... If I recall correctly my Florida hub is one of the few that'll pay for a college education

Welcome aboard.

Thanks!

Rosseta stone.

I thought about that, but I learn better when there's a person in front of me rather than watching a monitor... I'll end up drifting to a xbox if I stared at a monitor all day trying to learn a language...

Sounds like a no to me.

I had a odd feeling when she brushed me off like that also... hence why I'm posting here... I'm hoping someone will chime in?!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The reason I'm posting here because I already asked my HR and she told me to check at the UPSers.com and go to the market savings and it's a total cluster :censored2: there to find anything informative.

Thanks in advance! And next year January I'll have full benefits!

Rey
I think Photog was in charge of UPS'ers. com or something, might be why some links are 5 years old or dead.

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
Welcome! Good luck with that I dunno any info to help ya but try and get the money though , try to make em pay like my mom always said

Box Ox

You'll most likely be asked if interested in becoming a PT Sup within the next six months.

Which reminds me; there's a PT sup at my center who gets $ for school even thought my center isn't a earn/learn location. Whether having to pay for his insurance offsets that somewhat I'm not sure. Might still be on his parents' plan.

Just make sure you've got a solid exit plan after school if you go the PT sup route.

watdaflock?

Which reminds me; there's a PT sup at my center who gets $ for school even thought my center isn't a earn/learn location.
Most likely the difference between being Union or Management. No, I'm not being a smart ass saying that either.

Hey Rey - What is your long term goals with the education? Do you reside in a large city?

neihouma

I think Photog was in charge of UPS'ers. com or something, might be why some links are 5 years old or dead.

I didn't mean to be insulting I should mention that right away, I preferred the old format where you had to click per link on the old HTML format, link by link.

You'll most likely be asked if interested in becoming a PT Sup within the next six months.

I don't plan to be a PT or FT supervisor, I plan to be a driver. The reason I got my job at UPS because my driver who delivers all my amazon orders to my restaurant noticed one day in under a hour I made six deliveries (Chinese food) and we had 10 minutes to spare and he asked me a few questions about the area. He was surprised I knew so much and asked if I wanted a job at UPS and I said heck yeah!

Linguists would be highly valuable to UPS. Whether UPS is smart enough to pay for this, that is another question.

I had to google that word. I didn't even mean to come off as that, I just wanted to be able to speak with anyone within my region without a hiccup.

Welcome! Good luck with that I dunno any info to help ya but try and get the money though , try to make em pay like my mom always said

Thanks! The money now is ok but the benefits and insurance after a year is what I'm caking on at the moment.

Which reminds me; there's a PT sup at my center who gets $ for school even thought my center isn't a earn/learn location. Whether having to pay for his insurance offsets that somewhat I'm not sure. Might still be on his parents' plan.

Just make sure you've got a solid exit plan after school if you go the PT sup route.

I don't plan on being a PT or FT supervisor for the moment just a driver which everyone is aiming for. Gotta wait three to four years!

Most likely the difference between being Union or Management. No, I'm not being a smart ass saying that either.

Hey Rey - What is your long term goals with the education? Do you reside in a large city?

I really just wanted to learn more languages. After I know these six languages fluently I might take up French, Vietnamese and Korean again. I really hated school except maybe math (insert the Asian joke about us being good at math) hahaha.

I reside in Miramar, FL and the hub I work at is in Hialeah, FL. Or South Florida to have a better picture to paint where I'm at?

ihatewinter

Thanks for the link apparently since I don't have a valid UPS email address I can't log in? I tried my usual log in at upsers.com and it says password incorrectly and locked my account? But I can still log into upsers.com though...

I think you might have to call on Monday but first The login is your Id number and the password might be your default one which is first 2 letters of your last name. Last 2 digits of birth year and last 2 digits of your Id number. So Mylar name is Samantha and my birth year is 67. Sa6703. Try that then resetting it then call Monday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think you might have to call on Monday but first The login is your Id number and the password might be your default one which is first 2 letters of your last name. Last 2 digits of birth year and last 2 digits of your Id number. So Mylar name is Samantha and my birth year is 67. Sa6703. Try that then resetting it then call Monday.

You misunderstood what happened. He tried to use his upsers user ID and password to log on to the earn and learn website and was locked out. He can still log on to upsers.