New Video! Contract "Engagement"

FozziesDeliveries

What motivated me to start learning about the contract was one of my supervisors kept throwing in my face "I am following YOUR contract" so i was like "alright, lets see whats in this thing." What do you know, they take advantage of stuff in the contract that you don't know.

Good video as always! My local is weak and my steward is weak, but a few of us have been talking about the contract and tried to get alot involved with the proposals. Unfortunately some only care about what will directly effect them... i hate that mentality.

Cowboy Mac

What motivated me to start learning about the contract was one of my supervisors kept throwing in my face "I am following YOUR contract" so i was like "alright, lets see whats in this thing." What do you know, they take advantage of stuff in the contract that you don't know.

Good video as always! My local is weak and my steward is weak, but a few of us have been talking about the contract and tried to get alot involved with the proposals. Unfortunately some only care about what will directly affect them... i hate that mentality.
The local is the members. You might have a weak E-Board, BAs, stewards. But that does not mean the battle is lost. If you can get a group of teamsters who you talk to regularly to help each other solve problems in the workplace. Talk to others that you normally don’t talk to.

I have found that some drivers who I didn’t talk to or get to know for whatever reason are actually very knowledgeable on the contract and get very passionate about certain issues. Find these people and grow your circle.

Read books on organizing and rights in the workplace. Go to local union meetings and raise issues at the meetings. Put pressure on the local leaders to do their jobs.

We have done this in my center and I feel like we are much better off than we were 2 or 3 years ago. We have a new BA, more educated and engaged stewards, and a large group of drivers that sticks together and has each others back.

We still have many challenges and a lot of work to do, but we have come a long way.