New Years plans

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
so anyone doing anything big tonight?

Had a pretty big night planned with my best friend and his wife but his parents decided to leave for Florida Monday and now have no one to watch the kids.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
so anyone doing anything big tonight? Had a pretty big night planned with my best friend and his wife but his parents decided to leave for Florida Monday and now have no one to watch the kids.

After attending NYE at Time Square and living in Vegas for several years, nothing I do just seems as fun and eventful. But I might stay at a Holiday Inn tonight...

barnyard

KTM rider
A town just south of us has a tower in their town square and are going to do a Times Squareish ball drop. We are going to go check it out and celebrate my 26th year of sobriety.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We will be asleep by 8:30 or 9:00 . The roads will be available to all of those amateurs out there. Neither of us drink any alcohol. I'll be watching the Duck Dynasty marathon.....and he'll be looking for Big Bang Theory re-runs.
Under the covers is the New Year's celebration I have planned !

Brownslave688

Thank you.

All I had to do was not drink.

For 26 years.

LOL
Trust me I know that's not easy. Wife's family has alcohol problems. Her alcoholic brother lived with us for a few years. He's still battling it everyday. Her father has been sober 30-40 years now.

Brownslave688

We will be asleep by 8:30 or 9:00 . The roads will be available to all of those amateurs out there. Neither of us drink any alcohol. I'll be watching the Duck Dynasty marathon.....and he'll be looking for Big Bang Theory re-runs.
Under the covers is the New Year's celebration I have planned !
We used to go to my grandparents every New Years and play rummy royal until the wee hours of the night.

Just lost my last grandparent and the wife is having a really hard time understanding why I'd like to be home by 11:30.

barnyard

KTM rider
I think the most fun we had on New Years was the year Bon Bon's nephew go married. It was also the last family celebration that her parents attended. It was so much fun. We danced, we toasted, we laughed and told stories. I made a bet with a nephew that one of the bride's sorority sister's would have a 'girls gone wild' moment before the end of the night. None of them did, but I earned the nickname, "Uncle Inappropriate." Which was totally worth the $20 I lost on the bet.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Meeting friends at a few watering holes this afternoon. Come home for lobster and beef tenderloin later. Probably won't see midnight. My 37th year of non-sobriety.

Brownslave688

Meeting friends at a few watering holes this afternoon. Come home for lobster and beef tenderloin later. Probably won't see midnight. My 37th year of non-sobriety.
Oh lobster sounds great. We have a really nice seafood specialty store here and the wife and I thought about lobster and prime rib.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My parents offered to baby sit. His wife is very picky though. I think daycare and grandparents are about all that have watched them. Oh well
I had neighborhood babysitters on call at all times. Grandparents might have watched my kids 5 times. We booked New Years Eve months in advance. Now ones in Madison, ones in Chicago and one will be serving me drinks this aft.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I am staying HOME. My favorite place. Never get enough down time. I will celebrate the love of family I have left. Wish I could be with any of them, but not possible. I will watch that old ball drop, and be happy for another year. Sauerkraut and pork. A little liquor, I dont drink and drive, Im home. But I love me some drinks. And I am playing with some of my new toys. A roku, and a photo printer, awesome!!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
After attending NYE at Time Square and living in Vegas for several years, nothing I do just seems as fun and eventful. But I might stay at a Holiday Inn tonight...
Well, disregard. Just confirmed it will NOT be a Holiday Inn but the Marriott. Gonna try and ring in the new year taking some poor tourists' money at a poker tourny.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
image.jpg

Time for marinating.

barnyard

KTM rider
I made a fantastic prime rib for Christmas.

Put it on the smoker at 210 until the internal temp was 130. Pulled it and stoked the fire till it was 600. Put it back on and put a nice crust on all sides. Pulled it, sliced and ate. It was done to perfection. Start to finish is took 2.5 hours.

I LOVE the crispy fat on the edge of prime rib. :drool: