New York Stats

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I think you are right and I guess he wasn't serious. Or else he probably would have answered my question. :P

He was questioning the spelling as Upstate has been Known to do on occasion. I'm pretty sure he knows the game. Might even have been high school champ.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
He was questioning the spelling as Upstate has been Known to do on occasion. I'm pretty sure he knows the game. Might even have been high school champ.
As you can see, you were faster than I was. I corrected my post almost immediately but you still beat me to it. Obviously I figured it out just 2 seconds later. :happy-very:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The Saints will meet their match Nov. 30th when they face Tom Brady and the Patriots on MNF from New Orleans. Right on Upstate !!!!

CRASH501

Being from Minnesota I say our 2 World Series wins with a total team payroll that is 100 times less than yours is a much more impressive stat.:peaceful:[/QUOTE]
PAYROLL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT .....YES MAYBE THERE SHOULD BE A SALARY CAP , BUT DOES MONEY PLAY THE GAME OR THE PLAYERS ? SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS TOO LAZY TO RE-TYPE

stringerman85

Being from Minnesota I say our 2 World Series wins with a total team payroll that is 100 times less than yours is a much more impressive stat.:peaceful:
PAYROLL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT .....YES MAYBE THERE SHOULD BE A SALARY CAP , BUT DOES MONEY PLAY THE GAME OR THE PLAYERS ? SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS TOO LAZY TO RE-TYPE[/QUOTE]

It figures you're from NY....Money brings in the players, who play the game...Get it now? So I guess money plays

local804

And the Yankees also pay 27 million dollars a year in a luxury tax which your team does not. Face the facts, baseball is a business and even though the Yankees outspend your team, they make more money and the team is worth more money. Dont knock on a team because they just happen to know how to make money and win at the same time. Nothing prevents your team from spending the same if not more. Jeter, Pettitte,Cano,and Rivera are the heart of this team and were not bought, they were homegrown.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Sports City of the Decade::::::::::: Lets see REDSOX 2 world series champs Pats # super bowl champs, 4 trips 1 undefeated season minus superbowl, BU NCAA HOCKEY CHAMP < BC NCAA hockey champ AND lets not forget the World Champion Boston Celtics # 18 {the world is now back in balance after 20 yrs} Celtics Championships our are birthrite in Boston Rest in piece Red

P

pickup

And the Yankees also pay 27 million dollars a year in a luxury tax which your team does not. Face the facts, baseball is a business and even though the Yankees outspend your team, they make more money and the team is worth more money. Dont knock on a team because they just happen to know how to make money and win at the same time. Nothing prevents your team from spending the same if not more. Jeter, Pettitte,Cano,and Rivera are the heart of this team and were not bought, they were homegrown.

seems like that the luxury tax is the only tax the Yankees pay

the rest of the tab is picked up by the taxpayers

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=23691&mode=threaded&pid=1110978

stringerman85

You said it right, baseball is a business...It's not a sport anymore like it was...That makes it boring in my opinion, I have more fun watching sports where each team has a equally fair chance of winning based on trades and drafts. You named 4 players on the whole Yankees lineup and you forgot Posada if I was to add one but that is still just a small piece of the puzzle regardless. Other sports have inherited the salary cap and it's worked out very well...

I honestly don't want to see the yankees make the playoffs 9/10 years for the rest of my life, and it will happen since they can always spend extra money. That's boring in my opinion, If they win based on just the few guys you mentioned, cool...It's also boring when my favorite players from different teams decide to join the yankees based on more money...It's even more boring when I hear loyal baseball fans say the yankees are "suppose to win" and then when they do win it's even more boring :whiteflag:

P

pickup

From a redsox message board? lol

yeah, that was the the first one I could find in the few minutes I had before I had to go to work

How about this one?

Article implicates the mets as well.

If the yankees' stadium and the mets' stadium were respectively, catholic and lutheran churches, people would have screamed separation of church and state. But apparently we have no problem subsidizing the religion of baseball whose owners love to socialize the cost but privatize the profit.