Newbee starting new with UPS

our911s

Hello,
i am new to ups family i am starting as a driver helper hoping to lead to something more. Is 40 too old to start working for UPS. I am at a crossroads in my life and needed a change. always been self employed but in these times hard to drum up work, is UPS a good decision.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My 49 year old brother just had his second interview to start as a Driver's Helper. This is seasonal work, at best you may be called back by Spring to get a part time inside job. It usually takes a few years to gain enough seniority to bid into a full time job. This all depends on the area and building you will be working out of, UPS is a union company and there are no short cuts to going full time. Good luck if you get the job, you need to show up on time and know how to walk fast.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have exchanged a few PM's. He will be working about 1 1/2 hours south of where I work. The center manager in that center was an on-car in mine and he will be working with a 19 yr driver. If he shows up on time, busts his butt and gets a recommendation from the driver, his chances of getting hired on after Peak are greatly improved.

Erich83

hey im a new loader too but i just do this and collect unemployment or partial unemployment.... now with the increase in hours over peak season; i thought id get only 17-25, how many times can you call off lol... oh im not in the union...and id have to say this is ok for a pt job but not to great if you have bills to pay

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

hey im a new loader too but i just do this and collect unemployment or partial unemployment.... now with the increase in hours over peak season; i thought id get only 17-25, how many times can you call off lol... oh im not in the union...and id have to say this is ok for a pt job but not to great if you have bills to pay

I have to tell you that the impression I have formed of you from your two posts is not a good one. I would definitely not want you to be my preloader.

Erich83

I'm Dave and I care.

Perhaps you would fit in better at:

tnet

good luck with caring dave... for 8.50 an hour pt i dont care.. your lucky i show up at all with turnover in that place and call ins... but really i dont care about logistics. only good thing about ups would be tuition so you dont have to work at ups

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

good luck with caring dave... for 8.50 an hour pt i dont care.. your lucky i show up at all with turnover in that place and call ins... but really i dont care about logistics. only good thing about ups would be tuition so you dont have to work at ups

Unlike you, this is my career so, yeah, I do care.

Erich83

Thank you...and I hope you are able to move out of your parent's basement soon.

lol, well not working pt at ups....for 8.50...even full time 8.50....hope it wasn't Ups that made you such an angry guy........is living in your moms basement a common thing for UPSers? i dunno im new

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

lol, well not working pt at ups....for 8.50...even full time 8.50....hope it wasn't Ups that made you such an angry guy........is living in your moms basement a common thing for UPSers? i dunno im new

Actually it was dealing with ****** such as yourself on a daily basis that made me angry. Do me a favor--put me on ignore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kid you are the reason us helpers get a bad name. Do us all a favor and quit. If i was in orientation with you i would of slapped you. (Privately knowing the strict policy on workplace violence). pusillanimous.