Newbie Advice Regarding Time off

brownbaggin

So, I have been with UPS for a little over two months ( I'm on the books). I work the preload and requested to leave at 8am four days in advance for an unavoidable personal issue (which was explained) I obviously got denied:( Any Advice?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
So, I have been with UPS for a little over two months ( I'm on the books). I work the preload and requested to leave at 8am four days in advance for an unavoidable personal issue (which was explained) I obviously got denied:( Any Advice?
Call in sick exactly. Their problem not yours. They always act like the show cant go on without you. Guess what it does and it will. Don't feel bad, cause they don't care 1 dam about you at all. All you are to this company is a number. The quicker you learn that the better off you will be.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did you two miss the part where he said he has only been here got two months? If he calls in sick, especially this close to Peak and with no paid days, he can kiss his job goodbye.

brownbaggin

Did you two miss the part where he said he has only been here got two months? If he calls in sick, especially this close to Peak and with no paid days, he can kiss his job goodbye.
Do you have any advice? I was literally only looking to leave 45 minutes to an hour early, and now I'm stuck having to make some sort of decision. Again, the personal matter is unavoidable and must take precedent. However, I clearly like working at UPS (well the benefits) Also wondering if my being Union now will impact anything?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Do you have any advice? I was literally only looking to leave 45 minutes to an hour early, and now I'm stuck having to make some sort of decision. Again, the personal matter is unavoidable and must take precedent. However, I clearly like working at UPS (well the benefits) Also wondering if my being Union now will impact anything?
Once again, call in dude. Get your kahunas up and do what you gotta do, its that easy.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
The OP is not seasonal, they've made book. How many times do we see the folks with a week on the job call off and keep their jobs or the no call / no shows?

scooby0048

You might get lectured and you WON'T get paid but sometimes you just have to take care of issues.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Wait.......how did you get that screen name?

You are not brownbaggin!

scooby0048

At this point I kind of have no choice. It definitely sucks though. I am honestly the type who doesn't like to call in unless I'm sick, but my hands seem to be tied.
You always have a choice. If it's that important, do what you gotta do. You're not making millions being a preloader. If UPS doesn't like it they will do what they gotta do. If things don't work out, there are many many many jobs that pay better than a new loader with much better hours and flexibility.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Bang in....you're in the union. You won't get paid for the day. I suggest you don't make a habit of it, or of asking to leave early.

Last edited:

ww1lp

Anthony in Connecticut
When in doubt book off! They don't care about family! They are a bunch of phonies! I tried 8 hour requests in the past. They don't lighted the load enough and figure you'll bag your lunch and breaks to get out early