newbie here, got a question for you guys.

soCal_duck

I got sick earlier this week with a stomach ailment. I called in Tuesday morning. I was up all night puking my guts out. went to the doc today, have a virus thats contagious. If I have a doctors excuse can i be written up? I've been with UPS less than 6 months and have only called in once before yesterday and that was because of a health issue that I have. I just dont want any unexcused absences on my record. I pride myself in my attendance. I dont want to be written up for legitimately being sick. any info would be appreciated. Thanks guys and gals.

upschuck

You get a set amount of days you can take off, if taken together, count as 1 occurrence. Most places get 6 absences in a rolling 6 months. Don't worry about it and take care of yourself. A doctors note is (sometimes) required if you miss 3 days in a row.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Always, ALWAYS, get a note from your doctor and present it to management your first day back. I made it a habit for every dr visit. Sometimes dispatch was suprised and would say "we don't need that." I'd give it to them anyway. You never know what the future holds. And keep a copy for your files. It could save you some grief later.

soCal_duck

Thanks guys, yeah I have my note. Doc's office emailed it to me so I have a copy also. My sup recommended I apply for FMLA (for my previously existing condition) but I'm not sure what good it would do since my understanding is that you only qualify if you've been with the company for at least 12 months. Is that correct?