Newbie looking for some answers

Hey guys hope all is well. Yes I am a newbie to these boards haha. I have a few questions and if anyone could help me out with it I would greatly appreciate it.

I will go ahead and apologize if this question has already been asked before (which I am sure it has).

I am standing at a cross road in which route I want to take with this company. Just a little bit about my goals... I am very money driven and I don't mind working hard to make it. I left my old job because I had already climbed as high in the company as I could and IMO wasnt making enough money for the amount of time and hours I was putting in.

My question is which route should I take? I have heard so many stories about drivers making over 100k and the management people not making good money, and then I have heard stories about drivers making only a certain number and that number never goes up. I guess what I am asking is which side could I make the most money? Also could someone please explain to me about the benefits, insurance and pension differences between hourly and management?

Thanks to everyone in advance

Hey guys hope all is well. Yes I am a newbie to these boards haha. I have a few questions and if anyone could help me out with it I would greatly appreciate it.

I will go ahead and apologize if this question has already been asked before (which I am sure it has).

I am standing at a cross road in which route I want to take with this company. Just a little bit about my goals... I am very money driven and I don't mind working hard to make it. I left my old job because I had already climbed as high in the company as I could and IMO wasnt making enough money for the amount of time and hours I was putting in.

My question is which route should I take? I have heard so many stories about drivers making over 100k and the management people not making good money, and then I have heard stories about drivers making only a certain number and that number never goes up. I guess what I am asking is which side could I make the most money? Also could someone please explain to me about the benefits, insurance and pension differences between hourly and management?

Thanks to everyone in advance
Quite of few management personell, will tell you ,dont take a job as a SUP!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Hell no dont go in supervision.If you do youve sold your sole to the devil. Youd basically be a sell out. They will ask you to expect the drivers to do things that are unhumanly possible to meet some fake ass numbers that UPS makes up. If you went driving first which you probably would do you will see what us drivers are talking about. It would be like me being a cop and giving someone a ticket or arresting someone for something that i know ive done before, id be a hypocrite you know whay im saying. Plus if you go into supervision they can move you around to different centers at the blink of an eye. And they can make you drive like 25 to 75 miles one way to the center that they transfer you to and then drive the same distance back home. Id rather break my back everyday than to have to drive some crazy distance back and forth to work at a place i may absolutely hate and dont know the area at all and be expected to learn routes in a foreign place and the expectation that you have to train a driver in a place i dont even know. I would never do it and would never sell out thats not how i roll feel me dude.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Big words from someone who has mentioned $5000 a month as a retiree at least 20 times !!

The OP was basing his career decision solely on potential income. This is a job that he will be performing for at least the next 30-35 years. Wouldn't you think making sure that it is something that you want/like to do should be as much of a factor as the compensation?

There is more to life than money.

Your right there is a lot more to life than money.

I don't think any college or NFL teams hire random people to coach, so I cant do what I really want but that's why I volunteer to coach at our local Youth league. But they don't pay anything hahaha

I may not be like the rest of the people in the world but I work to have fun in my time off I don't work for fun

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If coaching football is your passion you might want to see if your local high school or semi-pro team needs any help. You won't get rich doing it but you will be doing something that you enjoy. Keep in mind that whether you are an hourly or management your work schedule at UPS may make it difficult to pursue a coaching career. I coached Little League and Babe Ruth baseball when my son was younger but there is no way that I would be able to do it now.

My only point was that financial compensation should not be your only factor to consider when trying to figure out what you want to be when you grow up.

If coaching football is your passion you might want to see if your local high school or semi-pro team needs any help. You won't get rich doing it but you will be doing something that you enjoy. Keep in mind that whether you are an hourly or management your work schedule at UPS may make it difficult to pursue a coaching career. I coached Little League and Babe Ruth baseball when my son was younger but there is no way that I would be able to do it now.

My only point was that financial compensation should not be your only factor to consider when trying to figure out what you want to be when you grow up.

So basically I am getting a life lesson instead of answers? Look dude I respect your opinion but I am not you and you are not me. I enjoy working hard to make money (MONEY IS WHAT DRIVES ME) so that I can do and have the things I want to play with and do on my time off.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So basically I am getting a life lesson instead of answers? Look dude I respect your opinion but I am not you and you are not me. I enjoy working hard to make money (MONEY IS WHAT DRIVES ME) so that I can do and have the things I want to play with and do on my time off.
This is BC, not a UPS employee information hotline. Stop whining because nobody is making your "crossroads" decision for you, or giving you numbers, statistics and information you can research on your own.

This is BC, not a UPS employee information hotline. Stop whining because nobody is making your "crossroads" decision for you, or giving you numbers, statistics and information you can research on your own.

Ok thanks now you can pull the pine cone out of your ass. Damn there are always the ones who comment just to comment. Thanks dude