Newbie looking for some answers

No, I was making a point. Which evidently flew over your head. You'd be PERFECT for management.

And what was your point? Is this not Brown Café? A site/forum for UPS employees to discuss and talk about things? Sorry I asked a question and instead of getting any type of an answer I get crap messages like you replied with. Sorry I don't have all the answers and wanted to come here just for a little insight.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
And what was your point? Is this not Brown Café? A site/forum for UPS employees to discuss and talk about things? Sorry I asked a question and instead of getting any type of an answer I get crap messages like you replied with. Sorry I don't have all the answers and wanted to come here just for a little insight.
Upstate and others gave you insight, you shot it down because it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Upstate and others gave you insight, you shot it down because it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

So in my original post I asked about if making money was what life was all about, I also asked if BC was an informative site?

The only answer I received was about someone making a suggestion about not being a supervisor. Go back and read, I asked much more but thanks for once again your informative answer/post

Indecisi0n

That would hurt....

11387627-dry-brown-elongated-pine-cone-on-white-background.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So in my original post I asked about if making money was what life was all about, I also asked if BC was an informative site?

The only answer I received was about someone making a suggestion about not being a supervisor. Go back and read, I asked much more but thanks for once again your informative answer/post
YOU need to go back and read...I'm not the one looking for advice. Talking in circles, getting nowhere and complaining. You'll be my next center manager for sure lol.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
You'd make plenty of money driving while working hard over here. It just takes a looooong time in some locations to get to be a driver. Depends on where you are newbie. Ask some questions to see how long the driver list is. It feasibly could be 10+ years. But you'll be making around 100k in 14+ years. Ask yourself if you think you could find a job making a 100k in 14 years or ever while getting exercise and moving cardboard from your truck to consignees. If you can answer yes, then you have half your answer there. If you're the type of person who is not good with stupid decisions that affect your day and micro managing of your day, then driving is not for you. So 2 questions...100k in 14+ years and don't mind stupid decisions. Answer those, and you'll have a better view ahead of you.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
You need to hang around for 5 years before you can really get the answers to your questions.

I will tell you this: It is nice to go home at the end of the day, and not worry about what some PT jacked up on crack is gonna do on the local sort. It is also nice to stand in the building, knowing that you will be warm and dry all day, watching the drivers leave, with the air temp of 35 all day, and 100% chance of rain.

Each job has it pros and cons. I tried for management, I really did. For 5 years I wrote my letter. For 5 years, I was passed over. After watching one of the best on car sups being told that he had to report the next day to his new job, 150 miles across the state, I quit writing my letters. Plus the fact that I discovered that I am not the type of person to take the **** that comes with being a manager- I am the type of person , that when you come to me with your silly assed problem, I hand you a dime, and tell you to go call someone that gives a damn.

So, after 30 years(3 as a clerk, 18 as a pkg del. driver, and 9 as a feeder driver), I am quite happy with my position at UPS.:laughing: