Newbie Question!!

Melody

Hi, I am new to this site. I was wondering if you guys can help me with a question I have.. Well, I have an interview with UPS this coming week for their temporary, seasonal full time drivers position. I was excited and felt super confident at first because I thought I would have the opportunity at a great career because once they see my work ethic of course they'd hire me full time after the season is over, right?? Well, after reading some other posts & finding out that being hired off the streets is rare & ppl work up to ten years just to get the driving position they really want, that bummed me out. I am 24 years old, a mom to a beautiful son who will turn 2 in March & I really want a career to better my family. Are there any chances that the New England area is easy with hiring off the streets than in other areas in the country? I am located in CT.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hi, I am new to this site. I was wondering if you guys can help me with a question I have.. Well, I have an interview with UPS this coming week for their temporary, seasonal full time drivers position. I was excited and felt super confident at first because I thought I would have the opportunity at a great career because once they see my work ethic of course they'd hire me full time after the season is over, right?? Well, after reading some other posts & finding out that being hired off the streets is rare & ppl work up to ten years just to get the driving position they really want, that bummed me out. I am 24 years old, a mom to a beautiful son who will turn 2 in March & I really want a career to better my family. Are there any chances that the New England area is easy with hiring off the streets than in other areas in the country? I am located in CT.
The wait is not nearly as long as it use to be here to go full time. With the expansion of Saturday ground there is better chance to go full time quicker. It really depends on the area you are at. Good luck to you

Melody

I read somewhere on here that they never keep any of their seasonal drivers & hire them as full time drivers.. The way I thought of it was that if you bust your butt they would keep you but from my understanding reading here, they only hire based on seniority . which can be years & years . I have my interview this coming week for seasonal position

I read somewhere on here that they never keep any of their seasonal drivers & hire them as full time drivers.. The way I thought of it was that if you bust your butt they would keep you but from my understanding reading here, they only hire based on seniority . which can be years & years . I have my interview this coming week for seasonal position
After the season is over, they usually don't need any extra drivers.

Melody

Yes that of course makes sense & ppl who have been waiting for years in other positions deserve seniority over others of course buh it's such a bummer . for me at least lol