Newbie ?

brown_trousers

Macbrother

What exactly do PT sups do? mine just stares at me
Smoke breaks. Lots of smoke breaks. Waste time with observation forms in which they tell you they "have to find something wrong" with what you did or else they get in trouble. Distract you with meaningless chit chat so that you're more likely to misload. Come at you asking if you'll sign a Pittsburgh form for that one misload you had last month. Play favorites. Get blamed for virtually every mishap that happens.

What PT sups do NOT do:
Make sure all your bulk head doors are open so you can, you know, actually get inside the trucks you're suppose to be loading. Make sure all your trucks have their proper bay numbers displayed to aid in misload reduction. Provide any sort of useful information whatsoever. Provide any sort of aid when you've got a 1/32 bulk stop coming down the belt.

upschick95

PT Sup's dont do much, this is true. When i was young and dumb my PT Dock Sup would leave and go talk to other sups through out the building. So the rest of up including me would call for new trailer, call the tower, sign and seal the trails for the feeders.

Sup's get blamed for EVERYTHING if there was a call in, miss loads, how many miss loads, if the dock was runny smooth or not, if the iron was not put up, if the reruns had not been ran, it a truck was backed up, if the loader\unloader sucked, how many times the belt was turned off................ ect, ect, ect