Newbie ?

whome

Almost two weeks in,im a preloader,the two guys on the oppisite sides of me told me to never sign anything. Good advice??

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
For the time being, sign everything... until you get seniority. Be a good little boy/ girl untill that happens. Then afterwords.... SIGN NOTHING!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have had this debate time and time again. Sign it---don't sign it---it really doesn't matter as you will still be expected to comply with whatever directive you are being asked to sign off on.

Why do you drivers think more and more of our training is on our DIADs?

OptimusPrime

Not being argumentative, truly asking. Can someone outline a scenario where this would prove to be beneficial? Seems to me if you get wrote up, get a virtual time study done, Idk, even getting talked to about not using proper methods, at the end of the day the sup is still going to say he talked to you about it, you were there, and you RTS'ed it. Not like by not signing it just disappears.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We have had this debate time and time again. Sign it---don't sign it---it really doesn't matter as you will still be expected to comply with whatever directive you are being asked to sign off on.

Why do you drivers think more and more of our training is on our DIADs?
Because you can get every single one wrong and get marked off the list for doing it. Management once again fails to followup that the drivers actually understand and get the correct answers, all they are concerned with is that you completed it. Why is this not done in PCM, instead it is sent in a OMS message to complete it by the end of the day. The reason being is that don't want to actually go over the 32 page instructions for the new RA procedures and pay drivers to ask them questions even they don't have answers to or are contradicting as to what was explained last week as the correct procedure.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Not being argumentative, truly asking. Can someone outline a scenario where this would prove to be beneficial? Seems to me if you get wrote up, get a virtual time study done, Idk, even getting talked to about not using proper methods, at the end of the day the sup is still going to say he talked to you about it, you were there, and you RTS'ed it. Not like by not signing it just disappears.
Because half the time what is in paper isn't what is told to you by managements mouth and being told "its not up for discussion" when you question them. Its just another way for them address the symptom of a problem and you're asking about the disease, they don't want to talk about it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is no benefit---all it does is create an adversarial relationship.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Signing means you acknowledge receipt of the document and agree to comply with the directive contained therein---it does not mean that you necessarily agree with that directive. Big difference.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe you should stick to what you know (Googling kitten pictures) and leave the substantive discussion to the adults.
Gee,I didn't know that "substantive discussion" includes telling people some 40 or so times that you were in the military.
Plenty of people were in the service. You were not the only one.