Newly hired 22.3 vacations

Ptrunner

For vacation and retirement purposes, the employee shall receive additional seniority credit equal to all time worked as a part-time employee.

This is in the central supplemental but doesn’t make sense to me. So let’s say I have an 8 year seniority part timer and they get 22.3 combo they get 3 weeks and 1 option paid off to them once they get their one year in. Is that right?

For vacation and retirement purposes, the employee shall receive additional seniority credit equal to all time worked as a part-time employee.

This is in the central supplemental but doesn’t make sense to me. So let’s say I have an 8 year seniority part timer and they get 22.3 combo they get 3 weeks and 1 option paid off to them once they get their one year in. Is that right?
Yes

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Not everywhere my WWE friend.
WOW REALLY?!
hqdefault (1).jpg

Up In Smoke

In our local, which is also in the Central Region, a 22.3 is filled through a geographical or classification transfer. A part time employee would only get the job if both of the transfer portals were empty or the employees turned down the transfer. In that case the part time employee would forgo time off and only receive vacation payout as compensation. This is consistent with a part time employee moving into a 22.4 position as well. I have seen a non binding agreement that allows the vacation time off to be granted also, so check with your BA for details.

quad decade guy

Vacation is based on total company seniority.
Not true.

Change classifications(here) and you go to the bottom of the seniority list and that includes bidding vacations. It was always strange to have 30 years full time and get last vacation pick and run selection.......