Newly hired package handler at Express...

iDC

Hey new guy here got hired at the hub out here. I'm set to get drug tested and fill some stuff out tomorrow so I don't really know the exact first day yet. But I would really appreciate any info/advice that you guys can pass down to a rookie.

Last edited:

Purplepackage

Hey new guy here got hired at the hub out here. I'm set to get drug tested and fill some stuff out tomorrow so I don't really know the exact first day yet. But I would really appreciate any info/advice that you guys can pass down to a rookie.

Unload packages from cans on belt, unload packages from trucks onto belt/load packages from belt into can

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Express or Ground?

outtatime

It's gonna suck the first few weeks. Your whole body will be sore from the hours of repetitive movement. Get past the 2 week mark and you'll be golden. I started Express at the local night sort years ago and saw so many people quit after 1-3 days.

iDC

It's gonna suck the first few weeks. Your whole body will be sore from the hours of repetitive movement. Get past the 2 week mark and you'll be golden. I started Express at the local night sort years ago and saw so many people quit after 1-3 days.

Yea I was reading reviews on Indeed and reading comments on YouTube and so many people quit after a few days being the job is physically demanding. I mean I already workout 4x a week but this is going to be something new and definitely a challenge.

It will be fine

Yea I was reading reviews on Indeed and reading comments on YouTube and so many people quit after a few days being the job is physically demanding. I mean I already workout 4x a week but this is going to be something new and definitely a challenge.
If you're in shape it won't be that much of a challenge. It's the people that don't understand physical work that quit right away.

outtatime

It should be a bit easier since you already workout, but you will still be sore all over for at least the first week. Remember, you don't workout your whole body everyday, and certainly not for 4-6 hours at a time.

BootsOnTarmac

Since you are at a hub as a handler you can eventually, if you try, move around for a job that suits you. I assume you are part time, you can usually get extra hours thru the AHEAD system. Your manager should explain this to you. What hub were you hired at?