News Cache

UPSNewbie

Why all of the sudden are the news cache dumps effecting my Unread Posts?

They haven't been listed under unread until yesterday. Just wondering.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Over the past couple of months I have received 2 complaints that the newsfeed posts weren't accessible via links. Newsfeed posts add the content of an rss feed to the news search pages so they weren't previously publically accessible. Since a couple of members wanted to see that content as a post I changed the way that content was displayed.

I didn't realize that this would create unwanted unread posts. To eliminate their inclusion in the unread post counts I had to change the permissions back to the way they used to be.

I'll have to figure out another way to set it up.

:peaceful:

UPSNewbie

Over the past couple of months I have received 2 complaints that the newsfeed posts weren't accessible via links. Newsfeed posts add the content of an rss feed to the news search pages so they weren't previously publically accessible. Since a couple of members wanted to see that content as a post I changed the way that content was displayed.

I didn't realize that this would create unwanted unread posts. To eliminate their inclusion in the unread post counts I had to change the permissions back to the way they used to be.

I'll have to figure out another way to set it up.

:peaceful:

I'm fine with it, I was just wondering. What about a news category with sub-forums for the particular RSS?

*Edit* That isn't very clear in what I said... I meant how about setting it up like

UPS Latest Headlines > UPS Press Releases

Such as

News > UPS News
> Teamster News
> Blah
> Blah

?

I would go for that, instead of having it hidden and needing a search.