News from the Front Line

Meat

Hear ye hear ye, ye ole Meat character has procured temporary employment as a tax preparer.

I’m sure you’re wondering, “Meat, how is your average citizen responding to the Tax Cut and Jobs Act, now that they have seen their first return”?

Hear ye hear ye, all is NOT well.

One poor (literal and figurative) lady had to be physically removed from the premises after a semi-violent altercation when she found out the act did not help her in any way.

Another upper-middle-class dude and his wife were all smiles when they came in, as they were expecting to pay off the remaining $3000 they charged for a Disney vacation.

The problem? The husband correctly identified the amount of how much they saved in taxes under the new law, but was unaware he and his wife benefited in small amounts per check throughout the year. His attractive but edgy (euphemism) wife said “way to go Einstein” before intentionally dumping a soda on his lap and storming off - yikes!

Between the tax act being a bust (for most), and Pelosi making Trump her bitch this week, it doesn’t appear things are looking that great for the prez.

bacha29

"Whaddya mean my refund went toward corporate stock buybacks?!!!" LOL
Yep, that's where it went to Bud, executive bonus's, stock buy backs, and corporate acquisitions which results in layoffs following the merging of operations. 84% of the tax savings went to the wealthiest 10% of the population while the people who have to borrow money for basic purchases have their meager tax savings more than offset by higher interest rates.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yep, that's where it went to Bud, executive bonus's, stock buy backs, and corporate acquisitions which results in layoffs following the merging of operations. 84% of the tax savings went to the wealthiest 10% of the population while the people who have to borrow money for basic purchases have their meager tax savings more than offset by higher interest rates.
MAGA......

Meat

84% of the tax savings went to the wealthiest 10% of the population...

Hear ye hear ye, Mr. bacha.

Let us not forget that foreign nationals own approximately a third of all US stocks, which means they have have prospered at the tax payers expense.

At least Rolls-Royce has benefited - a populist president indeed!

newfie

"Whaddya mean my refund went toward corporate stock buybacks?!!!" LOL

MAGA......

you guys have short memories?
These Companies Gave Bonuses or Raises After Tax Reform

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
we dont know what they will do every year but to your point many companies raised their bottom wage rate which would be long lasting.
Ya all we have to go off of is the many times this has been done before, where corporations screwed workers and tax payers.

If you didn't have your head up Trump's ass you would be able to see clearly.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Sort of watching the Pro Bowl game ... my first time in probably 20 years.
I've seen flag football games played better and more physical than this.
Does anybody watch this crap?