NEWS - Man posing as UPS driver, 3 others wanted in violent home invasion in west Houston

Returntosender

Man posing as UPS driver, 3 others wanted in violent home invasion in west Houston

HOUSTON - Houston police are asking for the public's help in identifying four men wanted in connection with a robbery in west Houston.

Police said one of the men dressed as a UPS delivery driver and rang the doorbell around 8:40 p.m. on Nov. 22 at a home in the 5400 block of Willer's Way. The man was holding a package and asked for a signature, police said.

rod

Retired 22 years
Even a complete uniform. Apparently somewhere in Houston there was a UPS driver running around in his underwear.

PT Car Washer

His uniform is more company compliant then mine. Jr. took my 25 year old winter jacket leaving me with a black hoodie and a black Carhartt driving a rental. I finished before dark though.

What frickin thugs, though. Makes me mad.
I wonder if the family doesn't believe in guns, but now they're paying security guards who probably have guns.

Box Ox

Sucks that bad guys are taking advantage of the deep trust we've got with customers. That they've gotta worry it's not the UPS guy they enjoy talking to regularly when they're home alone or hear a knock on the door.

I wonder if the family doesn't believe in guns, but now they're paying security guards who probably have guns.

I don't want anybody thinking about guns when I'm walking into a garage or a front porch. That's a mistake they can't take back if it's just me.

PT Car Washer

Sucks that bad guys are taking advantage of the deep trust we've got with customers. That they've gotta worry it's not the UPS guy they enjoy talking to regularly when they're home alone or hear a knock on the door.

I don't want anybody thinking about guns when I'm walking into a garage or a front porch. That's a mistake they can't take back if it's just me.
After dark in a rural or semi rural area that is my worst fear. Some gun nut wanting to kill someone for walking up their driveway with a package. I turn on every light on the truck and honk the horn and still ready to jump into the ditch at the first flash of gunfire.

You're right. Not everyone is capable of reacting to a situation like that. I remember an Asian exchange student was invited to a Halloween party, and he was dressed as Elvis or something, and he walked into the wrong house and the homeowner shot him dead.
Acquittal in Doorstep Killing of Japanese Student

Last edited:

Box Ox

After dark in a rural or semi rural area that is my worst fear. Some gun nut wanting to kill someone for walking up their driveway with a package. I turn on every light on the truck and honk the horn and still ready to jump into the ditch at the first flash of gunfire.

You and me both. As a white guy, I don't generally worry about the same kinda stuff non-white drivers have told me has happened to them during the day. But after dark, all bets are off.

Seasonals: Get your country stuff knocked out ASAP.

PT Car Washer

You're right. Not everyone is capable of reacting to a situation like that. I remember an Asian exchange student was invited to a Halloween party, and he was dressed as Elvis or something, and he walked into the wrong house and the homeowner shot him dead.
I think I would rather face a dog then a gun nut. At least the dog will growl and give you a warning not to come any closer.

PT Car Washer

You and me both. As a white guy, I don't generally worry about the same kinda stuff non-white drivers have told me has happened to them during the day. But after dark, all bets are off.

Seasonals: Get your country stuff knocked out ASAP.
I am white also and have had black helpers. Depending on the area I have them stay in the truck with a cell phone while I attempt the delivery after dark.