News to Me- single day vc

HoffaLives

The Circus is Hiring
I just got told since I was hired after 2007 I could not split one of my weeks as single days. Was offered last year by a diff sup ,but now I can't. Another driver same center split his in 2013 they now told him no? Anybody else having this problem? Working on Grievance form now.

rod

Retired 22 years
I never heard of this "single day vacation' thing you speak of. We had a couple of personal days a year we could take but all regular vacations were a week long.

Tired of the Bee S

The only i know of that comes remotely close to what you are talking about is option 3 on the vacation selection, which gives you the option week that can be taken as a single week or 7 (?) Individual days. I have ALWAYS chosen option 3, and have never had any problems taking single days whenever i wanted. Matter of fact the first year i could choose an option (which i chose 3) my supervisor split the days between 2 weeks so i could get the new years holiday pay. So basically i took 2 weeks off in a row, the first week she put like 3 days on and the second she put the other 4.

iowa boy

In the central, we get the option of single vacation days after we have earned our 3rd regular week of vacation, which is when you reach your 8th year of service. (The option week we get does not count towards as a regular week of vacation.)

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I never heard of this "single day vacation' thing you speak of. We had a couple of personal days a year we could take but all regular vacations were a week long.
We got this the contract before this last one. I'm taking 5 full weeks, splitting 2 weeks into single days plus 2 optional days.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's new. Not worth it to me. Take all my full weeks then call in if I need a day off.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
In the central, we get the option of single vacation days after we have earned our 3rd regular week of vacation, which is when you reach your 8th year of service. (The option week we get does not count towards as a regular week of vacation.)
Why is this only something that only 8 year drivers or more get...doesn't seem like that big a deal same number of vacation days either individual or all in a lump. ..I'm sure ups wanted something in return from the union for this "perk" if you want to call it that...These are the new type of improvements that we will see in future contracts...we keep getting things pulled out under the rug and in return get to split up vacation weeks to days....score!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why is this only something that only 8 year drivers or more get...doesn't seem like that big a deal same number of vacation days either individual or all in a lump. ..I'm sure ups wanted something in return from the union for this "perk" if you want to call it that...These are the new type of improvements that we will see in future contracts...we keep getting things pulled out under the rug and in return get to split up vacation weeks to days....score!!!
Yeah. Who gives two :censored2:s about a split up vacation week. If I need a day off I take it.