Next contract

yeldarb

I just hope there is a " next" contract. With the bad press unions have been gettin in the press as greedy, lazy thugs, with the poorly planned peak where clearly, peak wasn't thought out carefully,(I think every manager we have has been delivering 13 hours a day) it makes me wonder if ups has something up their sleeve and does not care. Usually in contract years, management butt kissing is in full swing.

Indecisi0n

I just hope there is a " next" contract. With the bad press unions have been gettin in the press as greedy, lazy thugs, with the poorly planned peak where clearly, peak wasn't thought out carefully,(I think every manager we have has been delivering 13 hours a day) it makes me wonder if ups has something up their sleeve and does not care. Usually in contract years, management butt kissing is in full swing.

In my old union when we went on strike the managers tried to do the work. Management here can't even plan a good day on paper can you imagine them trying to actually do the work.

rudy5150

Whats your point brown slave? I call it like i see it. I heard my supervisor say the other day we arent goin on strike the company is too powerful then we were handed crayons like lil kids.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Why worry about something totally out of your control .
jr is going to make the best contract for himself & we will all have to live with it .
end of story.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You do know that you vote on the contract before it passes.
In RTW states, only those in the union can do so, non dues paying members get no votes, as it should be. I use the term members loosely, as I believe there should be other restrictions, but alas.

Re-Raise

Whats your point brown slave? I call it like i see it. I heard my supervisor say the other day we arent goin on strike the company is too powerful then we were handed crayons like lil kids.

He must be basing this on how weak the union members are that he comes in contact with, like you. The supervisors at my center wouldn 't have the same opinion.

barnyard

KTM rider
In RTW states, only those in the union can do so, non dues paying members get no votes, as it should be. I use the term members loosely, as I believe there should be other restrictions, but alas.

RTW would never pass if the unions only have to work for the people that pay dues. Think about this: the union has to manage the benefits and provide H&W support to people that do not pay dues. I believe that if a person does not want to be in the union, the union should not have to manage their benefits. Make the company manage that and take the H&W calls and questions. There is not a union company in the country that would support that.