Next day air, a new one

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

ASD errors can be corrected but doing so will send up red flags. I have done this and simply gone back in to the stop, voided the pkg in question, closed the stop and resheeted the pkg. I then sent an ODS to the center to alert them of my error.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Not that I know of, I get there by noon usually. I only have one of those I know of it is guaranteed by 10:45

alister

ASD errors can be corrected but doing so will send up red flags. I have done this and simply gone back in to the stop, voided the pkg in question, closed the stop and resheeted the pkg. I then sent an ODS to the center to alert them of my error.

The corporate reports i have seen use the DIAD boards late reason code to determine if the package was late. The only excpetrion to this is SEAS which is a few days behind. Toonertoo's local IE might be experimenting with a thier own late air report and used the stop's complete time instead of the stops start time. I bet this will be fixed quickly if this is the case. It is surprising how many packages get delivered between 10:30 and 10:31.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes it asked the reason, I put other. I bet there are alot of pkgs delivered at 1031, as most of us save the largest bulk stop with air to deliver last, so we can also unload the whole stop. That only makes sense. Now if they want us to deliver everything AND have it signed for by 1030, then they need to tell us that is the new way. We are not cheating it is arrived at by 1030, just not signed for.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have a medical office complex (two buildings, 3 and 4 floors, respectively) that is my last NDA stop and if I am pressed for time I will deliver the NDA and then come back down to the PC for the ground and, yes, I hit duplicate stop if I have ground for a stop that I had air for. I will try to find all of the pkgs for the air stops but if it is 1020 and I have 3 NDA stops to deliver I will run them off and worry about the ground later.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Great point and great thoughts. However if you been trained to scan an air before you get they wouldn't be able to fire you. They train all our people to do that.

Good luck going to a panel after they fire you and saying I was trained to do it that way. You think the person that trained you to do it will stand up and say, Yeah I trained him to be deceitful to our customers!! I don't think so. Before all the technology, you used to be able to get away with something like that, but not now. I assure you, sooner or later it will bite you in the *****.

SWORDFISH

Good luck going to a panel after they fire you and saying I was trained to do it that way. You think the person that trained you to do it will stand up and say, Yeah I trained him to be deceitful to our customers!! I don't think so. Before all the technology, you used to be able to get away with something like that, but not now. I assure you, sooner or later it will bite you in the *****.

Agreed. I was thinking of that as I was responding. I will have to get them to go on record and document it. If they wont I will make sure and let everyone know not to do it anymore. If they do I will bring it up in the meeting if they try and crucify someone for it. I do agree w/ you that I could see them doing what you say. They will pull anything if they want to try and fry someone.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I was always told to do it that way, it is somedays the only way to get it done, although I can honestly say I was NEVER on the dock after 1030, when I did it. I wont worry about going to panel, I will tell someone and its on them. It is mathmatically impossible if I am expected to do say 13 an hour, which is high for am work, and then do 15 when I get to first stop at 940. It is just such a defeatist attitude that is being driven into us. Glad when I can get out.

chopstic

As long as you scan your packages before 1030 you should be fine. Ive stopped completed after 1030 and i was good.

What Diad were you using? We still have some Diad 3 boards at our center that require you to be in signature screen to stop the clock on a package. Whereas our Diad 4 boards only require you to scan the package to stop the clock.

alister

We recently had a driver have a simular situation. they scanned all thier packages at a bulk stop and then went into edd for some reason ( i think they where looking for another package but have not not been told what they where doing). the stops time stamp was changed when they came out of edd. resulted in over half of the bulk stop being late.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have a medical office complex (two buildings, 3 and 4 floors, respectively) that is my last NDA stop and if I am pressed for time I will deliver the NDA and then come back down to the PC for the ground and, yes, I hit duplicate stop if I have ground for a stop that I had air for. I will try to find all of the pkgs for the air stops but if it is 1020 and I have 3 NDA stops to deliver I will run them off and worry about the ground later.

If you deliver a Next Day Air at 9:20 for a stop and then deliver the ground at 2:15, do you use duplicate for the second stop?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We recently had a driver have a simular situation. they scanned all thier packages at a bulk stop and then went into edd for some reason ( i think they where looking for another package but have not not been told what they where doing). the stops time stamp was changed when they came out of edd. resulted in over half of the bulk stop being late.
You cannot take it from the main screen and go back, yes it will be late. We are using diad 4, and if you cant get air off with ground, it is a new stop later in the day. If you attempt an air twice it is a dup, I dont think it should be but thats what they want.

grgrcr88

As long as you scan your packages before 1030 you should be fine. Ive stopped completed after 1030 and i was good.

Not necesarily, I will asuere you that if you are in the habit of scanning your last NDA stop at the stop before to stop the clock and then drive to it and deliver it after 10:30 you will eventually get in alot of trouble, possibly termination for falsification of records. The GPS and telematics will tell exactly where and when you scanned the package, as well as where and when you delivered it. Don't try and cheat the system. Make sure you are where your supposed to be before 10:30!!

SWORDFISH

Not necesarily, I will asuere you that if you are in the habit of scanning your last NDA stop at the stop before to stop the clock and then drive to it and deliver it after 10:30 you will eventually get in alot of trouble, possibly termination for falsification of records. The GPS and telematics will tell exactly where and when you scanned the package, as well as where and when you delivered it. Don't try and cheat the system. Make sure you are where your supposed to be before 10:30!!

What are you falsifying if you scan the nda ahead of time? Your not following methods but your not falsifying unless you stop complete it ahead of time. How is it any different to screach to a stop at 1030 and 50secs in front of the delivery, scan the package at 1030 and 58 sec., get all the packages for that stop and finally deliver them to the customer at 1033? Just curious to hear peoples thoughts.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is cutting it close. I start to feel uncomfortable if is 1020 and I still have NDA. Scanning the NDA to beat the commit is definitely walking a fine line. Grocer has a good point--if you have a customer--and I am sure we all know one like this--who is standing by their door looking at their watch hoping that we are late so that they can get their NDA for free. If they call in a concern and UPS pulls the GPS/telematics and they show that you scanned the pkg not at the customer's location this could be construed as falsification of records. Do yourself a favor and get the NDA delivered well ahead of the commit time.

grgrcr88

What are you falsifying if you scan the nda ahead of time? Your not following methods but your not falsifying unless you stop complete it ahead of time. How is it any different to screach to a stop at 1030 and 50secs in front of the delivery, scan the package at 1030 and 58 sec., get all the packages for that stop and finally deliver them to the customer at 1033? Just curious to hear peoples thoughts.

The company deems it falsifying if you scan it at a different location to stop the clock and are not at the consignees location prior to the commit time. All I am saying is why put yourself in that position. They are not going to protect you if you are caught doing it so why are you trying to protect them from a refund?