Next Day Air commit being changed?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Recently (even during peak) , our lovely management team has been telling us that we should be trying to deliver our airs prior to 1015, not the 1030 time that they are guaranteed by. They said there is now ANOTHER report generated to show which airs were delivered between 1015-1030. They said the company is trying to change the commit time in the new year. I was just curious as to if anyone else was having this take place in their centers? We continue to leave the building later and later, and now they want to do this?

Come on, UPS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center has a few bulk stops where the driver has to be there by 1015 to make sure all of the air is delivered by 1030. Yes, I know that if we have at least one of the airs scanned and the stop active prior to 1030 all of the air will be considered as to have been delivered on time, even though the stop is not completed until well after 1030. This may be what your center manager is talking about.

Of course, if they can't get us out of the bldg until 1000, none of this really matters, does it?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
During the last two weeks of peak we started getting messages in the DIAD every day telling us that all airs had to be delivered 15 minutes prior to their commits. I asked about it and just got a headshake/ eye roll in response. Haven't heard any more about it since xmas though.

S

serenity now

i have a bulk stop ( 80-120 pcs. ) that must be delivered prior to running any air stops even when that bulk stop is only ground pcs. / handshake agreement between ups and a large shipper :wornout:

Indecisi0n

I was told that if air is delivered too close to its commit time then telematics throws up a red flag. This is how they easily catch people falsely delivering NDA that are going to be late.

S

serenity now

I was told that if air is delivered too close to its commit time then telematics throws up a red flag. This is how they easily catch people falsely delivering NDA that are going to be late.

i must have lots of red flags, typically deliver my last one with 2 or 3 minutes left

Notretiredyet

i have a bulk stop ( 80-120 pcs. ) that must be delivered prior to running any air stops even when that bulk stop is only ground pcs. / handshake agreement between ups and a large shipper :wornout:
I have two dump stops w/930 commits, kinda hard to make when I leave the building at 935.

iruhnman630

Friday we were told to sheet any late air as 'weather.'

It was a storm alright. A swirling black cloud of chaos otherwise known as the surprise volume we were not ready for despite the fact that the same unexpected volume has come in every year for the last five years.

Yup. Service is our name.

UPSGUY72

I had 8 air stops late Thurs and 5 yesterday. Boss doesn't even mention it.

We didn't leave the building to almost 9:45 on Thursday. After I made my first Air stop we got a message deliver air on trace. I had 14 late Airs the building most likely had over 1000.