Next Day Air commit being changed?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Some senior drivers tell me that at one time Air was never late no matter what time you got there.

Some drivers in the pre-DIAD days knew how to accomplish this feat by skipping some lines on the first page of the paper Delivery Records.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I was told that if air is delivered too close to its commit time then telematics throws up a red flag. This is how they easily catch people falsely delivering NDA that are going to be late.

Sounds like a management problem. Red flags mean nothing to me.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Any great driver will get off as much ground before 1030 with his/her air stops.

UPS should be paying me bonus before scrutinizing me that I delivered an air at exactly 1030am

S

serenity now

Any great driver will get off as much ground before 1030 with his/her air stops.

UPS should be paying me bonus before scrutinizing me that I delivered an air at exactly 1030am

it's a stimulating puzzle to get the maximum amount of stops off as you work toward that last air delivery * can i get just one more? risk vs. reward

S

serenity now

Some drivers in the pre-DIAD days knew how to accomplish this feat by skipping some lines on the first page of the paper Delivery Records.

hey scratch, were you there for the changeover from stone tablets to paper

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
it's a stimulating puzzle to get the maximum amount of stops off as you work toward that last air delivery * can i get just one more? risk vs. reward

Exactly

It's the one of the last remnants of oldtimer UPS left before EDD/PAS. You use your area knowledge and driving ability to get as much area or stops done before 1030.
Honestly, you are right. It's a "puzzle" you try to win and not waste one mile or 1 minute in the back of the truck searching for stops.
I admit I enjoy that rush.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
hey scratch, were you there for the changeover from stone tablets to paper

I barely missed that transition. I still have my seven study books on how the record deliveries on paper and the rest of my training pack. It was a blast trying to record stops on paper during a thunderstorm.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
utf-8BSU1BRzAyMzcuanBn.jpg

Exactly

It's the one of the last remnants of oldtimer UPS left before EDD/PAS. You use your area knowledge and driving ability to get as much area or stops done before 1030.
Honestly, you are right. It's a "puzzle" you try to win and not waste one mile or 1 minute in the back of the truck searching for stops.
I admit I enjoy that rush.
delivering your air and ground at the same time. = more stops

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We used to work at an 8.5 hour planned day. I don't need money that bad that I want to get home to my family at 9:00 PM. How are you going to make it to retirement working like that?

being efficient = not being fed-ex

;)
Even the worst driver is very efficient. Ups pounds it into our head to do more and more everyday. Every year it goes up just like every year I get older. Why would I want to find ways to keep doing more and more when my body hurts more every year. The job is the job they get the same everyday. I'm all in for hustling just not more a d more and faster and better as I keep getting older and older and more and more broken down.

We used to work at an 8.5 hour planned day. I don't need money that bad that I want to get home to my family at 9:00 PM. How are you going to make it to retirement working like that?
He won't if be doesnt get it. If you haven't started to break down then they can't understand. Once you start to feel the pain it will shake you up.

UpsYours

Funny I remember since i started in `89 til maybe early 2000 we actually left the building on time and had plenty of time to service our customers in a safe way.no over air dispatching correct drivers getting the air they could actually drove past on way to route.and holy shi- air drivers ????to help out