Nice pay raise they give to themselves

The Milkman

He did not receive a pay raise per se. The 35% hike was primarily due to his performance bonuses.

Either Way, If UPS can hand out that type of money then those who bust their balls to make that profit should be considered worthy of decent benefits while working and retired. I don't think he will have to worry about his retirement.

Hellobrown2000

Driver pay should be frozen after this contract. That money saved should be given to pters. They should be starting off at the pay they did back in the 70s before it was taken and given to drivers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Either Way, If UPS can hand out that type of money then those who bust their balls to make that profit should be considered worthy of decent benefits while working and retired. I don't think he will have to worry about his retirement.

He is underpaid in comparison to CEOs of other Fortune 500 companies.

The Milkman

He is underpaid in comparison to CEOs of other Fortune 500 companies.

11.3 M...pretty good salary.Compared to a driver who works 2080 hours yearly that comes out to $5432.00 per hour...That's fair, right? So I guess if you have a few million laying around you might as well give yourself and others some hefty bonus's.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
11.3 M...pretty good salary.Compared to a driver who works 2080 hours yearly that comes out to $5432.00 per hour...That's fair, right? So I guess if you have a few million laying around you might as well give yourself and others some hefty bonus's.
Would you complain if PT workers were paid more than drivers?

The Milkman

Would you complain if PT workers were paid more than drivers?

Good question.....Why don't the Fat Cats give them more per hour if they can afford bloated salaries? Because they don't want to. If they threw more into the contracts this would not be an issue. Add to that all the waste you see daily in and around the buildings, along with all the micro managing over the years. Millions upon millions for what? Telematics? Orion? Drivers at one time were able to use their brains to do routes. Now you have the braintrusts in their cubicles telling them how to do it. Could it be that in the long run UPS has a plan that in the not to distant future anyone and I mean anyone will be able to do the job by just following their robotic plans? Hire anyone off the street, pay them P/T wages as you will not have to think for yourself. Ups will be doing it for you. The song "In the year 2525" comes to mind. Listen to it. P/Ter's take more crap than anyone because as we all know they are expendable and like us are just Numbers on paper. We used to be treated with a fair amount of respect(at times when managers had a sincere interest in the day to day operations) until going public, now their morale like most others is down the toilet just like customer service.

The Milkman

Good question.....Why don't the Fat Cats give them more per hour if they can afford bloated salaries? Because they don't want to. If they threw more into the contracts this would not be an issue. Add to that all the waste you see daily in and around the buildings, along with all the micro managing over the years. Millions upon millions for what? Telematics? Orion? Drivers at one time were able to use their brains to do routes. Now you have the braintrusts in their cubicles telling them how to do it. Could it be that in the long run UPS has a plan that in the not to distant future anyone and I mean anyone will be able to do the job by just following their robotic plans? Hire anyone off the street, pay them P/T wages as you will not have to think for yourself. Ups will be doing it for you. The song "In the year 2525" comes to mind. Listen to it. P/Ter's take more crap than anyone because as we all know they are expendable and like us are just Numbers on paper. We used to be treated with a fair amount of respect(at times when managers had a sincere interest in the day to day operations) until going public, now their morale like most others is down the toilet just like customer service.

Foamer Pyle

Driver pay should be frozen after this contract. That money saved should be given to pters. They should be starting off at the pay they did back in the 70s before it was taken and given to drivers.
I disagree, not with the pay being frozen, but the money going to part timers. To me, the most logical thing to do would be to beef up the pension funds. Part time work is just that, and a part time job is not meant to be able to fully support someone financially. I am sure some folks will rip me on that, but the bottom line is, I am right.

The Milkman

I disagree, not with the pay being frozen, but the money going to part timers. To me, the most logical thing to do would be to beef up the pension funds. Part time work is just that, and a part time job is not meant to be able to fully support someone financially. I am sure some folks will rip me on that, but the bottom line is, I am right.

Sort of like a 1st time job like flipping burgers, they work hard and should not be earning what the did in 92 for example. My 1st jobs were just that,P/T and I earned a lot less than friend/T er's way back then. But at UPS the work is hard and they need to make a reasonable wage, maybe not a living one but comparable to other P/T jobs. Beef up the pensions for those who earn them over their friend/T careers at UPS