Nice Stock Gain

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
87E1328C-5107-42DE-8BA8-4AA8E8C366EF.jpeg

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
At one time I had 2000 shares. I sold them all when UPS hit 80 bucks a share. Shortly after that it fell to around 40 bucks a share so I thought I had made the right move. I had paid like 27 bucks a share for them. Now I kind of wish I had hung on to at least half of them. Then again what would I do with even more money ?
Bury it in your backyard.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
At one time I had 2000 shares. I sold them all when UPS hit 80 bucks a share. Shortly after that it fell to around 40 bucks a share so I thought I had made the right move. I had paid like 27 bucks a share for them. Now I kind of wish I had hung on to at least half of them. Then again what would I do with even more money ?
I’m sitting on 1900 shares now. I remember guys telling me i should sell when it got around $100 a share 😂. I enjoy the dividends. I’m still not needing the money so I reinvest to buy more shares yet if things get tight I could have an easy $639 a month extra income with the dividend money and still not touch the stocks and as time goes on that amount should only grow till I might need it. (Disclaimer: this is not financial advice)

MattM

@Darmark7 can you share your buying habits or trends? I’ve been buying small amounts through the payroll deduction segment. $X amount per paycheck. Just set it and forget it sort of thing. But I feel I’m missing out.

I know we buy at the end of day of each quarter, do you tend to lower or raise what you invest based on the price near the end of each quarter? Do you buy through the direct transaction program? Is this 20 plus years of continual investing? Have you increased your payroll deductions as you get your yearly progressive raise? Buying more at the All time high seems to be redundant

ManInBrown

UPS stock is not a moneymaker. It’s a piggy bank. What is happening right now is highly unusual, and I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if it corrects in the next few weeks and we are back at $160. Still a great price for those that have been buying for years like myself. March 2020 believe the price was low $80’s. Nobody should be looking at what’s happening recently and think they’re going to become rich buying UPS stock. Never gonna happen. Buy like me and use as a piggy bank. Just another tool to sock some cash away.

MattM

Great points. I’ve been only buying since 2017 and it was mostly all lateral movements for 4 years. The only thing saving me was the 5% discount and actually pocketing the dividends. The June 2020 bump and now April 2021 seem highly unusual. I miss the $95 days where I could actually buy a share or two per paycheck. Excluding dividends as cash, my current average is around $108.

ManInBrown

Once things go back to normal regarding COVID, the price is going to plummet IMO. A big part of the stock being thru the roof is stimulus money, and everyone working from home and being stuck at home. When normal life returns the party is over. Anyone that plans on selling a chunk, now is the time. I just don’t see how it can go much higher. I’m shocked it broke $200 and I think it only goes down from here, and down fast when the COVID restrictions are lifted.

MattM

FedEx was $107 this time last year. Now almost $300. They hit $300 then down to $240, and then back up. I always felt FedEx was overpriced, not ups.

they did go from $270 to $107 in two years, so ups could be on similar paths. Everything sort of runs in cycles. Sell now, or you may be having to hold for years to come.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UPS stock is not a moneymaker. It’s a piggy bank. What is happening right now is highly unusual, and I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if it corrects in the next few weeks and we are back at $160. Still a great price for those that have been buying for years like myself. March 2020 believe the price was low $80’s. Nobody should be looking at what’s happening recently and think they’re going to become rich buying UPS stock. Never gonna happen. Buy like me and use as a piggy bank. Just another tool to sock some cash away.
Least they could do at nearly $200 is bring back the 10% discount

Once things go back to normal regarding COVID, the price is going to plummet IMO. A big part of the stock being thru the roof is stimulus money, and everyone working from home and being stuck at home. When normal life returns the party is over. Anyone that plans on selling a chunk, now is the time. I just don’t see how it can go much higher. I’m shocked it broke $200 and I think it only goes down from here, and down fast when the COVID restrictions are lifted.
Internet shopping isn't going away

ManInBrown

Internet shopping isn't going away
Agree, but anyone that doesn’t think COVID and lockdowns and free govt money haven’t played a large role in the price surge is living in fantasyland. I don’t think we’ll ever see sub $110 again but it has a lot of room to drop. I think the new norm it stays at is the $150 range.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
@Darmark7 can you share your buying habits or trends? I’ve been buying small amounts through the payroll deduction segment. $X amount per paycheck. Just set it and forget it sort of thing. But I feel I’m missing out.

I know we buy at the end of day of each quarter, do you tend to lower or raise what you invest based on the price near the end of each quarter? Do you buy through the direct transaction program? Is this 20 plus years of continual investing? Have you increased your payroll deductions as you get your yearly progressive raise? Buying more at the All time high seems to be redundant
@MattM ... I bought the stocks over a 20 yr period. When I started out I had $50 a week taken out of my check. I soon raised to $100 then $150 then $200 a week taken out. I didn’t make any changes to the amount based on what the price was at the time. Last March when it was down to $88 a share I even bought 20 extra shares through a direct buy. Since I‘m in it mostly for the dividends I never was thrilled when the price went up but of course the numbers look good on paper. As the price rises my dividend money reinvested buys less shares so it‘s a catch 22. Is $200 a share to high and it’s going to fall? I don’t know but I remember when I thought $80, $100, $120 and $150 a share was the ceiling. I’m just glad now that I didn’t let that stop me from buying.

Last edited:

MattM

Yeah. I’m 15-20 years long so it’s a dividend piggy bank for me. The yield will be absolute crap. $0.96 for a $100 stock was nice a year or two back. But now we’re at $1.01 and the price is double? I wonder what they’ll raise it to? They’ve never dropped and always given, so I’m guessing it’s super conservative.