night vision goggles

So here lately I've been driving at night in new areas and i must say it sucks. I can't see the numbers on mailboxes and it really slows me down. So i got to thinking about buying some night vision goggles online and wearing them when I'm out late at night driving. Do you guys think that this is a good idea and would UPS approve?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So here lately I've been driving at night in new areas and i must say it sucks. I can't see the numbers on mailboxes and it really slows me down. So i got to thinking about buying some night vision goggles online and wearing them when I'm out late at night driving. Do you guys think that this is a good idea and would UPS approve?
Let me know how good of an idea you think that is when you meet your first set of headlights.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Let me know how good of an idea you think that is when you meet your first set of headlights.
Dude that's so freakin hilarious lmfax10 lol. Where all these numbnuttz coming from asking all these :censored2: questions lmfao.
images

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You should probably get some binoculars, a bullet proof vest, a rocket launcher too while your at it, don't wanna deliver to the wrong house, wouldn't want ISIS to to start shooting at ya lol.

Take your time. Go slow make more dough.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
There is a reason the military "over trains" with these things. It's been a while since I've looked into them but as far as I know in the past these things have no depth perception.

Good luck with your cell phone map using data that you pay for, your expensive night vision, that you pay for, and your stun gun i sure you are thinking about getting. I'll stick to ups paying for maps and messaging me thru the Diad.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

Rookies are so cute in the larval stage.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Try this: Wash the windows. It makes a huge difference in the dark especially as a split drivers get different trucks almost daily. Most trucks have a giant amount of haze that you don't notice, until you drive a really clean one. Also clean the headlamps and tail lights.

I also use a box cutter razor to scrape the mineral deposits left on the glass from the car wash.

This gets done in the morning as part of the pre trip, on company time.

llamainmypocket

Night vision goggles arent going to help you find where the address is located on the house. Try using a spotlight. You should also be deducing the house number as you roll up to it so that you dont always need to spotlight. 200 will always be the first house and 206 will always be 1-3 houses in on the same side.

If the block counts by 6 then its more likely to continue counting by 6 such as 200,206,212,218. A block counting by 6 with 5 houses on it would almost certainly see a number greater than 218 as the last house on the block. A lot of information can be deduced from the first two houses on a block.

Notretiredyet

Rule #1 Darkness doubles delivery troubles

Don't overthink this, get a flash lite if you want although I've never bothered too. Learn the number breaks between houses and slow down a bit in the dark. Rushing in the dark will only get you into trouble, eventually area knowledge will come, as long as they keep you in the same area. I like to dim the rear view camera at nite to reduce the glare and never back up for a delivery in a resi area. Walk the stops off if you pass a stop never back in the dark, and don't forget about tree limbs and other hazards at night. Save the area you're most familiar with or the one with lites for the dark if you can.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Try to develop your built in night vision. The diad has a built in flashlight but I use the screen to illuminate (dimly) my walk way. If out in the country, try to run your long driveways in the daylight. Save developments for after dark.