NL MVP

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Aaron Nola

No NL player has proven more worthy this season of the Most Valuable Player Award.

After the Phils' Sunday win over Miami – in which he threw six solid innings – Nola is now 12-3 with a 2.37 ERA. His .800 winning percentage is best in the NL, as is his stinginess allowing home runs (0.5 per nine innings). He whiffs 3.6 batters for each one he walks. And with a WHIP of 0.993, Nola projects to become the first-ever Phillies starter with at least a strikeout per inning and a WHIP under 1.000.

Here’s one more stat: The team is 16-7 in games Nola started.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Aaron Nola

No NL player has proven more worthy this season of the Most Valuable Player Award.

After the Phils' Sunday win over Miami – in which he threw six solid innings – Nola is now 12-3 with a 2.37 ERA. His .800 winning percentage is best in the NL, as is his stinginess allowing home runs (0.5 per nine innings). He whiffs 3.6 batters for each one he walks. And with a WHIP of 0.993, Nola projects to become the first-ever Phillies starter with at least a strikeout per inning and a WHIP under 1.000.

Nola has been great. It sucks he's gonna come in 3rd in the cy young race as good as he's been.

I honestly hate that people always say pitchers have their own award so they can't be MVP.

I think this year is honestly a case where degrom has been the cy young and scherzer has been the MVP. Because scherzer has actually used his hitting to win a few games this year.

Brownslave688

Aaron Nola

Your final stat is why W-L is overrated for pitchers.

Degrom would be 21-2 if he got 2 run of support each game. How crazy is that.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
To your point an excerpt from Philly writer and a respected talk show host Glen MacNow article:

Phillies ace Aaron Nola may not win this year’s NL Cy Young Award. Max Scherzer of the Washington Nationals seems like the current frontrunner. And hard-luck Jacob deGrom of the New York Mets could draw sympathy votes in a season where he’s 5-7 despite a 1.85 ERA.

But Nola still may need to prep an acceptance speech for Major League Baseball’s post-season awards banquet. Because no NL player has proven more worthy this season of the Most Valuable Player Award.

Brownslave688

Christian Yelich of The Brew Crew
He has been outstanding the last month and a half.

People were saying him at the end of July and it was like yeah his batting average was good but what else? He's really turned it on since then.

By some measurements Cain has been better though and he gets no love.

Bad Gas!

I will go with Yelich. Solid 5 tool guy this season. I love Freeman for a top 3. Maybe deGrom 2nd... In the AL I will go with Betts, then Martinez then Trout.

Brownslave688

I will go with Yelich. Solid 5 tool guy this season. I love Freeman for a top 3. Maybe deGrom 2nd... In the AL I will go with Betts, then Martinez then Trout.
Martinez should be maybe 5th.

Betts is MVP for sure. Trout is second for sure. After that gets a little muddy but chapman 3 and one of the Indians 4 Lindor/rameriez.

Martinez doesn't play the field hardly any and is a liability when he does. Also RBI are an extremely overrated stat.

Bad Gas!

I liked the A's back when it was Reggie Jackson, Billy Martin. I will pull for A's over Yanks for sure. They have played outstanding baseball this year. The Red Sox and Astro's don't want to play them.