No ‘stacking’

Jvoorhees1984

My volume is about 1050-1200 pieces a day. I pull between 250-275 piece per hour. Supervisor tells me I’m not doing ‘the right thing’ ‘not following orders’ because I stack outside of the commercial package car. If I don’t stack what am I expected to do? Fly over the packages in my walk way? Doesn’t sound very ‘safe’ to me. The longer I work here, the more I realize that whatever I do isn’t enough. It’s a losing battle.

snarts

You aren't obligated to pull a certain amount of pieces per hour. Pull the most amount of packages you safely can and if that means other packages go by so be it.

Remember you can't be fired for productivity so why stress yourself over it?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
My volume is about 1050-1200 pieces a day. I pull between 250-275 piece per hour. Supervisor tells me I’m not doing ‘the right thing’ ‘not following orders’ because I stack outside of the commercial package car. If I don’t stack what am I expected to do? Fly over the packages in my walk way? Doesn’t sound very ‘safe’ to me. The longer I work here, the more I realize that whatever I do isn’t enough. It’s a losing battle.
it is unsafe to out packages in that you have to climb over. Don't stack everything out, just what makes it unsafe

Jkloc420

I am guessing your new and the dupes will tell you a lot of stupid things

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Do what the sups wants and slow down as is needed since you cannot move doing it their way.

Jvoorhees1984

I’m 5 1/2 months in. Supervisor told me I could be let go and or suspended if my piece count isn’t where it needs to be. Not only does the commercial route have huge ass packages, it’s also much smaller than a regular size package car. It gets tight in there very quickly. This place just makes no sense, logic doesn’t exist. They want blood from a stone.

Jkloc420

I’m 5 1/2 months in. Supervisor told me I could be let go and or suspended if my piece count isn’t where it needs to be. Not only does the commercial route have huge ass packages, it’s also much smaller than a regular size package car. It gets tight in there very quickly. This place just makes no sense, logic doesn’t exist. They want blood from a stone.
not for the numbers. Numbers are not in are contract. File a harassment grievance

Jvoorhees1984

What makes it more confusing is that a week ago I had my observation for 2 days. I got 100% on all the questions asked of me, pulled over 250 pph both days, the guy observing me said that my assignment is ‘horrible beyond belief’ based on average package size and volume, and that I’m doing a good job. This place is just....I dunno. 20 different bosses all saying different things. You just can’t win. ‍♂️

over9five

Staff member
What makes it more confusing is that a week ago I had my observation for 2 days. I got 100% on all the questions asked of me, pulled over 250 pph both days, the guy observing me said that my assignment is ‘horrible beyond belief’ based on average package size and volume, and that I’m doing a good job. This place is just....I dunno. 20 different bosses all saying different things. You just can’t win. ‍♂️
Not everyone can do it. No disgrace in quitting.
Just do it on a Friday when they're already down people. Preferably at the busiest part of the shift. Walk up to the sup, and say "You win, bro. I'm outta here, have fun!".
Please post back what he says, the look on his face as he realizes HE'LL have to load..

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just do it on a Friday when they're already down people. Preferably at the busiest part of the shift. Walk up to the sup, and say "You win, bro. I'm outta here, have fun!".
Please post back what he says, the look on his face as he realizes HE'LL have to load..
Why let them win? Slow down and do it their way.

Maybe if everybody slowed down they would hire more?

Jvoorhees1984

Not looking to quit. Would be nice not to be harassed daily when I’m doing the right thing. That would be a good start...

Box Ox

Supervisor tells me I’m not doing ‘the right thing’ ‘not following orders’ because I stack outside of the commercial package car.

Tell that little :censored2:er you’d be glad to stop the belt instead. Because you’re not going to do anything that would create an unsafe work environment or tripping hazard inside the truck.

I’m 5 1/2 months in. Supervisor told me I could be let go and or suspended if my piece count isn’t where it needs to be.

He’s full of :censored2:. Never let a supervisor feed you bull:censored2:. They’re only around to try and harass and intimidate the folks who will fall for it. Just work safely and slow down if you start misloading. You’re a Teamster. Not somebody who has to accept harassment.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
I made it through 31 years of the insanity by doing one thing. Whenever they ask for something ridiculous, give it to them without questioning it. Let it burn. I just agreed with them, this way they couldn't say I fought them. Then when it failed, and it always did, I could just say I worked as instructed. So jam all those pieces in the car, and when it's full, and you're only halfway through the sort, ask mister tough guy supervisor what to do now. The pieces per hour/production thing is BS. There is no production standard in the contract, and if you've already made your probation, it's nothing they can fire you for. You'll also find that as soon as you make their ridiculous number, and they are all ridiculous, they'll ratchet it up to a new higher, even more unreachable number. Never get into an arguement over numbers, just take it one package at a time. When you're done, you're done. That's the only number you should concern yourself with. What time did I punch out. Write it down, so you can make sure your check is correct.

You aren't obligated to pull a certain amount of pieces per hour. Pull the most amount of packages you safely can and if that means other packages go by so be it.

Remember you can't be fired for productivity so why stress yourself over it?
I was shadowing a sup that mentioned if his people were not loading 300 PPH he would have a talk with the employee. Is this reasonable ?