No announcement about pay actions????

If memory serves me, usually by this time they've made an announcement about October pay actions. I'm getting a bad feeling that no news is not good. Does anybody have any solid information from the grapevine? Not just a bunch of crazy speculation.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

It’s already being pounded to death in this thread.

zeev

Ground contractors are organizing so satisfying them will be first priority, than the pilots are organized, than couriers last.

thedownhillEXPRESS

The longer the wait, the worse it is.
They keep waiting for a market collapse or unemployment spike.
They are running out of time to blame anyone but upper management for poor decision making in a tight labor environment.
Watching the company decline in real time the last few years has been interesting.
A future autopsy will SCREAM wtf didn’t you guys just take care of your employees?
You had a great thing.
Why hold to the cheapest solution possible while still making extreme profits before your workforce and then all the customers found other paths.
It’s astonishing .

Last edited:
They keep waiting for a market collapse or unemployment spike.
They are running out of time to blame anyone but upper management for poor decision making in a tight labor environment.
Watching the company decline in real time the last few years has been interesting.
A future autopsy will SCREAM wtf didn’t you guys just take care of your employees?
You had a great thing.
Why hold to the cheapest solution possible while still making extreme profits before your workforce and then all the customers found other paths.
It’s astonishing .
Meanwhile those poor ground bastards are working 6 &7 days a week for peanuts.

Where do they find these guys?

thedownhillEXPRESS

The board doesn't even decide until September most years.
Sure, the board probably doesn’t “vote” on it until September.
But that vote is just a formality of months and months (once a month so not as long as it sounds) of narrowing down language before the vote to make it look good.
59 and all on time is using semantics to make it look like they’ll sit down in September to hash this out when it was all but written in stone half a year prior.

yadig

But that vote is just a formality of months and months (once a month so not as long as it sounds) of narrowing down language before the vote to make it look good.
59 and all on time is using semantics to make it look like they’ll sit down in September to hash this out when it was all but written in stone half a year prior.
I wonder who’s sitting at the table for the employees when the board meets?

fedx

Extra Large Package
FedEx is in a situation where if they don't give a raise and do another 2%, they will have a bunch more people walk and go elsewhere. The company already seriously hurt themselves after the 2020-21 2% "raise" BS. You can read comments online about how this station and that station is at 40% to 60% staffing. It will only get worse. FedEx is holding steadfast that they will not give raises and money isn't even the issue with their staffing shortage. It's all going to come back to haunt them when half their workers leave and nobody will even apply anymore (we're already at that point). Companies will stop using them because of not making service commitments and the company refusing to honor their money back guarantee. If FedEx is still around 3 years from now, I'll be surprised. If they are still around 5 years from now, I'll be shocked.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
LOL. “He made a simple declarative statement. I’ll say he’s trying to use tricky language to say something else!”

NC man

In an article it listed the AIC of big dogs for 2022,they did not get full amount they could have gotten. With that and the 2 billion spending plan it will be surprising if a raise is given of any substance,if any at all.