No Call from dispatch or driver.

Neffeh

First day of work as a season driver helper went by smoothly, met my driver, lets call him Dave and we finished our residential route a little after 4 hours. I was a tad bit nervous that I was being slow or tedious and told Dave to not worry about ""breaking my heart" if I needed to pick up the pace or I was doing something wrong. We went through our residential route with almost no hitches albeit I learned the hard way not to eat a heavy snack during our ten minute break.

Once I asked my driver if I was to meet him the same place at the same time tomorrow, his response was "dispatch will call you in the morning". So I woke up at 6 30 am expecting the call from dispatch around 8:40 AM-ish like my first day. 3 PM and after doing some digging on the internet, apparently most people get a number to call dispatch to, the driver usually always takes your phone number down as well, and one ups driver helper my mom asked today said if you don't get a call you are to show up at the same place same time. Should the driver have given me his phone number? Or that of dispatch. I am pretty confused right now and would like to know if I did something wrong or kinda just freaking my self out.

Also a lot of posts on here talk about you can call into dispatch starting at 8 AM if you are really motivated to work and help a driver. Please any insight on my situation would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
You should always call in to the center every morning, unless they call you first. Also get Dave's cell number and any other driver you are assigned to.

jaker

trolling
Don't want to sound mean , but from what you said the driver didn't like you now I could be wrong but as a driver it sounds like it

Or maybe he didn't need a helper today , who know just giving some info

Last edited:

Neffeh

You should always call in to the center every morning, unless they call you first. Also get Dave's cell number and any other driver you are assigned to.
Calling their 1 800 number I presume? Thanks for the quick reply by the way, in my current situation do you think it would be best for me to call the center this afternoon? (edited this to include another question) If I were to call back dispatch from the number in my history log tomorrow morning, is that it or would I have to specifically call the center's number.

Last edited:

Neffeh

Don't want to sound mean , but from what you said the driver didn't like you now I could be wrong but as driver it sounds like it

Or maybe he didn't need a helper today , who know just giving some info
Don't worry about sounding mean, I think getting offended is necessary for life bud. And I was thinking about that, but during the route he told me I kept working like I was working and I wouldn't have any problems with any other driver I could be assigned to. I took that as a compliment, but who knows I hope I wasn't a bad helper I was trying to hustle and bustle everywhere. Thanks for any info you could share anyway.

jaker

trolling
but during the route he told me I kept working like I was working and I wouldn't have any problems with any other driver I could be assigned to.
Sounds like you wasn't his regular helper since he said assigned

Now that changes things , they might not needed you today for work

Neffeh

Sounds like you wasn't his regular helper since he said assigned

Now that changes things , they might not needed you today for work
Thank you for expanding on it, tomorrow I'll call the center in the morning trying to help any other drivers I can, thanks for your help bud.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
First day of work as a season driver helper went by smoothly, met my driver, lets call him Dave and we finished our residential route a little after 4 hours. I was a tad bit nervous that I was being slow or tedious and told Dave to not worry about ""breaking my heart" if I needed to pick up the pace or I was doing something wrong. We went through our residential route with almost no hitches albeit I learned the hard way not to eat a heavy snack during our ten minute break.

Once I asked my driver if I was to meet him the same place at the same time tomorrow, his response was "dispatch will call you in the morning". So I woke up at 6 30 am expecting the call from dispatch around 8:40 AM-ish like my first day. 3 PM and after doing some digging on the internet, apparently most people get a number to call dispatch to, the driver usually always takes your phone number down as well, and one ups driver helper my mom asked today said if you don't get a call you are to show up at the same place same time. Should the driver have given me his phone number? Or that of dispatch. I am pretty confused right now and would like to know if I did something wrong or kinda just freaking my self out.

Also a lot of posts on here talk about you can call into dispatch starting at 8 AM if you are really motivated to work and help a driver. Please any insight on my situation would be greatly appreciated.
I know your driver "Dave". He comes on here every so often. We should just ask him why you are not driving. He's a good guy and will give you an honest answer. @UpstateNYUPSer why is this poor helper who lives at home with mom not helping you today.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Honestly doubt you did anything so horrible that someone wouldn't use you as a helper...my helper who wasn't even really supposed to be my helper but was sent to the wrong place and I happened to see him gets three to four calls a day while he's on the truck with me asking if he wants to help today...they do not communicate very well.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

My helper gets 8 hours plus everyday. You are getting hosed.