"No Call" listed on Time Card

Long Duk Dong

I am a newly hired feeder driver who is on call, that's not in the union yet. So, dispatch called Friday while my phone was dead when they had called.
What does "No Call" indicate and are there any repercussions to this?

Thanks in advance

ManInBrown

Can someone please explain how on call feeder works? No such thing in my local. Sounds great. I can work one day per week? Am i missing something?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I am a newly hired feeder driver who is on call, that's not in the union yet. So, dispatch called Friday while my phone was dead when they had called.

Thanks in advance

Missing a work call during your probationary is not good.

Especially on a Friday....

Thanks in advance
Do you people make this stuff up?
You go through all of the effort to get hired here , then use that lame excuse.

You better sleep with your uniform on and have that phone charged up all of the time!

This is peak vacation time and if you don't answer now, they just might never call you back again.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Most of the bigger feeder dept's have bid runs and a "open" board.

Drivers that don't have a bid run, will be "on-call" for the open board..
In my Local.... you could.
Our "on call" drivers are laid off and not required to be on call or answer their personal phones.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Thanks in advance

You might want to put an application in over at FedEx

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We don't have this. How much does one get paid to be "on call". I assume you must get paid something to sit by your phone all day?
My wife gets paid zilch to be on call and has to be less than 30 min away at any time she’s on call. Sometimes from 7pm Friday til 7am Monday

over9five

Staff member
My wife gets paid zilch to be on call and has to be less than 30 min away at any time she’s on call. Sometimes from 7pm Friday til 7am Monday
Yikes, so it's possible for her to not get called, and the weekends kinda blown because you can't go anywhere?
What's she do? I know nurses that do this, but they get paid a lot so it makes it worth it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yikes, so it's possible for her to not get called, and the weekends kinda blown because you can't go anywhere?
What's she do? I know nurses that do this, but they get paid a lot so it makes it worth it.
She’s anesthesia and yes she gets paid well but nothing extra to be on call.

The plan is to make her hospital a level 1 trauma center. To do this she’d have to be at the hospital during call. If they do that they’ll have to compensate them somehow

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE

Thanks in advance
This is a portable USB charger. It was 20 dollars and lasts anywhere from 20-30 hours and charges my phone extremely quickly.
We are professional drivers, we make sure we have a charged phone in case anything happens when we're on road.
We also make sure our phone is charged at all times when we are qualifying. Especially when we are freaking on call.
This is the big leagues
20190722_114817.jpg

Trash Panda

What do you mean $9.00 an hour extra? $9.00 on top of full rate?
Was more of a sarcastic joke. Being on call doesn’t pay extra. However our local has been having seasonal hire work, which bumps anyone in progression up to the seasonal rate. So its like getting paid extra for being on call.