No Call No Show in time card when I called in.

CB22

Quick summery, this past Friday I text my on-road sup (mistake #1 I’m a rookie) that I was not going to make it in. No response and after some time I called the office late (rookie mistake #2) start time is 9am and I called around 8:30am. They tried to harass me to come saying it has to be a hour but I refused still. Looking at my time card it shows No Call. Trying to talk to my supervisor today but being the rookie that I and assuming worst case is that nothing will change. Not sure what to do next besides deal with it on Monday thanks. Im the lowest seniority RPCD with less than a year of seniority in my building if that matters and this was my first callout.

Thebrownblob

Quick summery, this past Friday I text my on-road sup (mistake #1 I’m a rookie) that I was not going to make it in. No response and after some time I called the office late (rookie mistake #2) start time is 9am and I called around 8:30am. They tried to harass me to come saying it has to be a hour but I refused still. Looking at my time card it shows No Call. Trying to talk to my supervisor today but being the rookie that I and assuming worst case is that nothing will change. Not sure what to do next besides deal with it on Monday thanks. Im the lowest seniority RPCD with less than a year of seniority in my building if that matters and this was my first callout.
Sorry, that’s a nice try by them but it’s not a no call. The worst thing you could get is a write up in your discipline folder.
And if you can prove it’s been a standard practice to text in your center. I would also put that on my grievance..

Last edited:

CB22

Sorry, that’s a nice try by them but it’s not a no call. The worst thing you could get is a write up in your discipline folder.
And if you can prove it’s been a standard practice to text in your center. I would also put that on my grievance..
They definitely promote and use cell phone use but I’m sure it only applies to their case. Lesson learned I’ll talk to my union rep about what you mentioned too thanks.

Thebrownblob

They definitely promote and use cell phone use but I’m sure it only applies to their case. Lesson learned I’ll talk to my union rep about what you mentioned too thanks.
They have also tried the old, not answering the phone trick. Sorry boss man that doesn’t work either.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
They have also tried the old, not answering the phone trick. Sorry boss man that doesn’t work either.
I go down the list.
Center phone
Supe supe supe supe
Center manager
Then text center manager

That’s me being considerate now because I used to just leave a voicemail on the centers phone line.

@CB22 we have contract language that discusses call outs and time frames to call out. We abide by our contract remember that.

Johney

They tried that here a couple times, we just called the 1-800 number and left a message for the center. The person who collected them in the morning would give them to the center manager. They started answering after that. LOL

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

If you can get your :censored2: toghether and make it to work or call on time grieve it to start a paper trail
If you feel you can’t get your :censored2: toghether then take your no call and keep moving

Over70irregs

I learned early if they pull that no call no show crap I would come in late that evening and clock in and out after a couple of minutes.

Thebrownblob

Yep. Calling in less than an hour ahead was NCNS all day long at the two buildings I worked.

But one of them did accept texts.
I hope they filed a grievance, because it’s not a no call, no show. It is an occurrence’ and would count against your attendance policy. A no call. No show would be exactly that, never calling, never showing. I’ve gotten it removed every time they tried.

Nah
I hope they filed a grievance, because it’s not a no call, no show. It is an occurrence’ and would count against your attendance policy. A no call. No show would be exactly that, never calling, never showing. I’ve gotten it removed every time they tried.
Those grievances all lost. Has to be 1 hr+.

Thebrownblob

Those grievances all lost. Has to be 1 hr+.
Lost what? It isn’t a no call. No-show it is an occurrence just like every other call in. It doesn’t have any other implications unless it happens three days in a row. At which point, it would be very easy to give the evidence that the person called in, all be it late.

I had one such case. The grievant called in three days in a row late every day. management wanted to terminate for job abandonment and send him a 72 hour notice. At the hearing management had to admit that he did Call in everyday and report he would not be in just late. Final outcome was He was supposed to get a doctors note to return to work and not terminated.

He did, however, end up losing his job due to his alcohol 😂🤷‍♂️

AKCoverMan

Here if you call in too late it’s considered same as a “no call no show” which will get you a warning letter. To uninformed driver it sounds like your job is at stake. Had a member who was legit sick and called few minute too late owing to being in the can. He was told it’s too late, if your not coming in now it’s a no call no show.

So he got in his car, got out and went back into can, then got back in car and came to work and punched in… and promptly thru up in a trash can and got sent home.

He told me he thought he would get fired based on what they told hIm. No. It would be a warning letter.

1679869233474.jpeg

AKCoverMan

It’s silly to call it a “no call” when you called, would think calling 45 mins before would be better than leaving route hanging at pcm time.

ManInBrown

See where texting a supervisor like he’s your buddy gets you. Nowhere. Never text a supervisor that you aren’t coming in. They are not your friend. You might think they are. Call the center an hour prior to start time. So and so not coming in, utilize …… day. Click.

AKCoverMan

Doesn’t make sense for a grievance losing a no call no show in that. That local is soft. 1+ hour is the language yes. Failure to meet it doesn’t signify a no call.
Yes but thats what they call it if call too late… you call too late or call not at all It’s all the same. Now if you don’t call in at all for 72 hours thats a different level.