no call no show

currahee

On Friday last week my sup told me to call to see if they were up guys.. I did and they were i got the day and had a nice 3 day weekend.
Sunday night comes around and I'm up all night cant stay out of bathroom. I call in sick get a hard time as expected. This morning wake feel no better Immodium isnt working so I dont go to work.
My friend sends me a message that they say i was no call no show ***!
The last center i was in (in same building book off and then you book back in when you are going back to work).
Any advice?

DS

Fenderbender
Call and explain to them the situation.You should not have assumed it was ok to just not show up.
If you have past issues with attendance,you are probably out of a job.

browniehound

Sunday night comes around and I'm up all night cant stay out of bathroom. I call in sick get a hard time as expected. This morning wake feel no better Immodium isnt working so I dont go to work.
Any advice?

Yes, come up with a better excuse! The above is used by me and everyone else, everytime! Up all night and on the toilet! Thats a good one!

I'm just joking and trying to give you a hard time because you will be fine. You called and thats it. Doesn't matter if you were up all night taking wiskey shots of the chest of two women on the toilet and in the bathroom.

If you called to "book off" then you will still have a job.

JonFrum

You followed the "book-off book-on proceedure so you should be OK.
- - -
If your avatar means you are in New England, see Supplement Article 57, Section 6 (b) "Any employee who is absent because of proven illness shall maintain his seniority."
- - -
Does this sentence say Management called you a vulgar word?????
"My friend sends me a message that they say i was no call no show ***!"

currahee

My buddy said sent a message on Facebook saying they were freaking out calling me a no call/ no show. I would think that since i called and they hadn't heard from me that would mean that i'm still out of service!
I've been here for 15 years called in before ,so iI know how it works,but all of sudden i follow procedure and I no call/no show.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This must vary from region to region. Here in Upstate NY, unless we have a doctor's note or other documentation which shows a definite time frame where we won't be at work, we have to call in each day. We do have to have a note if we are going to be out for more than 3 days.

In hindsight I think you should not have assumed (ass_u_me) and should have picked up the phone.